• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1960 F-100 4wd

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I would almost bet they have the same suspension that the '70 model F-150's had.

I didn't think that they issued factory 4wd till the late 1960's. It may be all custom.
1959 was the first year of the factory equipped 4x4 in Fords.

93Ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93, 96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
down here there is a 70s model, cant remember if its a 4 door or a ext cab, but it is a half ton and is leaf sprung in the front as well. Not much help with the lift part, but i would say its probably about the same as the 70s model fords.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks will, it was really helpfull to get some info on these pigs, what i do know is its got 4.10 gears he said he doesnt know if the axles are original or not, i think this is gonna be a very cool looking truck when i get it done, im promising EVERYONE will see a build thread on this old iron beauty.....and what i think is awesome will, the ship weight on the truck was about 3500 pnds, that is really actually pretty light for a full size truck
I don't know much about these but if it's original, and is an F100, it definately has a 9" Ford rear and a Dana 44 (if that is what a Spicer 55 is). The transfercase is probably a divorced Dana 24 as I don't think the NP205 was around yet. An F250 would probably have the same front axle, and a Dana 60 rear.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
Thanks will, it was really helpfull to get some info on these pigs, what i do know is its got 4.10 gears he said he doesnt know if the axles are original or not, i think this is gonna be a very cool looking truck when i get it done, im promising EVERYONE will see a build thread on this old iron beauty.....and what i think is awesome will, the ship weight on the truck was about 3500 pnds, that is really actually pretty light for a full size truck
those old trucks are like rangers. dont forget that they dont have all the computer whatchamajigs and saftey crap. my 66 is easy to push around

jharms02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
im pickin one up here shortly, it has the 292 y block, a 4speed on the floor and a divorced 205, has a 44 and a 60 in it, was wondering if anyone knew where one could find lift components for one of these trucks
http://www.classicautoparts.com/

Formally known as Obsolitefordparts.com is a great place to get just about anything you need. I love the 292 in my '62 (see avatar). 1960 was the last year of that body style as well. Hope it works out for you; these old trucks are great toys!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals