• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

12" rockford fosgate subwoofer

Just4Kicks530

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
My friend recently gave me his 12" sub that he had in his truck. I believe it has a 6.125" mounting depth, and I have also seen another thread on box sizes and others and what size and site to go to https://www.parts-express.com/goldwood-tr10f-10-single-truck-box-speaker-cabinet--260-636 the site has a box but I wanted to know if anybody else could do some research before I drop the $30 on the box and bust out more for an amp and what not and also what else I should get for the set-up. please help I'm really new to the audio system thing

86merc5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello/Welcome, your listed thread goes to a 10" box that wont work you need a 12" box, ( I would double check the diam across the front of the frame ) then check if you have room for that box ( shows outside measure of 15" high and 19" wide with a bottom of 8" deep & the top is tapered back to 7" deep. ( do you have a standard cab of extended cab ). Not knowing what electronics you already have, or how comfortable you are with wiring components into the system, or big a system you want to end up with. I would suggest you contact a local audio shop. even though that 12" sub was free that is big for the cab space. I run an 8" driver in a ported box between the driver & pass seat, in a manual trans extended cab with Boston Acoustics 5x7' in the doors & back panels. this way I still have all my interior space.

Just4Kicks530

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
i have a '97 single cab, automatic transmission, and i linked the wrong one but it was the 12" and it has the wrong cubic foot sizes. Im buying a 1000 watt amp from my friend soon all ill be needing is the box and wiring.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
i have a '97 single cab, automatic transmission, and i linked the wrong one but it was the 12" and it has the wrong cubic foot sizes. Im buying a 1000 watt amp from my friend soon all ill be needing is the box and wiring.
And maybe a pre-amp crossover, if the one you're getting doesn't have a "built-in" one.

Just4Kicks530

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
its not built in because he disconnected the sub from his amp and using the other sub he had it blew his amp. my friend that im buying one off of has a like new 1000 watt its sounds great functions well with no physical damage or anything else

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
I dont know how much you know about stereos, but i would do some research before you hook it up. It sounds like you got a sub from one dude and an amp from another and you're piecing a system together. Check the RMS rating of both amp and speaker and make sure they're compatible.

86merc5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Just curious as to were this size of sub box will be mounted in a standard cab. I had a 96 Ranger years ago with 2 twelve inch subs in 16" long tubes mounted in the bed, with 12" diam. ports into the back of the extended cab.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals