• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1 piece vs 3 piece

swickwake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
we all know tha
Engine Size
4 Point Big O
Transmission
Automatic
im thinking about changing the look of my truck and i figured the easiest way would be to go with a one 1 piece. if this worked out it would b a 100% swap from one truck to the other. plus i would get a little cash.

this would be the clip.

my clip

kaifretz 612

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The one piece looks great, I've been trying to find one up for grab in my neck of the woods. I think u should go for it

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
The one piece clips look a lot better and have better styling...at least to me. The traditional hood and fenders is much easier to work around and easier to replace if busted up bad enough. Pros and cons to each but if I did mine again I'd go 1 piece.

Matt

doyouquaxu

Reaction score
IMO 3 piece all the way. clips on DDs are a pain to mount and get the lights solidly mounted. plus, taking that thing off by yourself is a hassle.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
id do it and then take the cash and ditch that bed. im sure its gonna look killer when done (hopefully soon) but it looks like a junkyard mix and match right now.

I vote do it.

swickwake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
we all know tha
Engine Size
4 Point Big O
Transmission
Automatic
The one piece looks great, I've been trying to find one up for grab in my neck of the woods. I think u should go for it
it sure is tempting.

The one piece clips look a lot better and have better styling...at least to me. The traditional hood and fenders is much easier to work around and easier to replace if busted up bad enough. Pros and cons to each but if I did mine again I'd go 1 piece.

Matt
IMO 3 piece all the way. clips on DDs are a pain to mount and get the lights solidly mounted. plus, taking that thing off by yourself is a hassle.
matt and mac you both bring up some good points on the ease of accessibility on having which i do love about my current set up. whats funny is that when i do any major work on my front kit i pull the fenders off.

id do it and then take the cash and ditch that bed. im sure its gonna look killer when done (hopefully soon) but it looks like a junkyard mix and match right now.

I vote do it.
^^ lol your honesty kills me and gives me motivation. im with you on how the bed looks. i did not have the right tools or time to do a proper flare to the fleet side so doing what i did was really all i could done.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i'd rather have the 3 piece setup... if you need to replace the "fender", its cheaper/easier to fix the 3 piece deal.

plus i'd rather have the body line of the 3 piece than the weird line the 1 piece gives.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
^^ lol your honesty kills me and gives me motivation. im with you on how the bed looks. i did not have the right tools or time to do a proper flare to the fleet side so doing what i did was really all i could done.
lol well im glad it give ya motivation. I understand having budgets and doing things over time. im just waiting for the end result.

and i half said do it because its black.... :icon_rofl:

good luck man. :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals