• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

08 Ranger TPMS and after-market wheels

CanadianRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hi all,

I just found this site lastnight. What a cool website.

I just purchased an '08 Ranger last month and I love it! But I am trying to find some info on it's Tire Pressure Monitoring System. I would like to buy some after-market rims for winter use, but it seems that will effect the TPMS.

I have heard the sensors are mounted inside the rims opposite the valve stems (for balancing purposes) and that even breaking down the tire from the rim to change tires, could possibly damage the sensor.

So if I buy another set of rims which don't have sensors in them, I will have a warning light on 24/7.

Anyone else have this problem?

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It's not that much of a problem. The solution is a simple one. The wheels/rims you purchase have to be T.P.M.S. compatible. You can talk to your dealer about this and they BETTER know what to do. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire_Pressure_Monitoring_System If your dealer doesn't know what on gods green earth your talking about, move on to another dealer. This is now INDUSTRY STANDARD for ALL new vehicles in North America. The valve stem assemblies are available to all tire repair facilities including dealers. They aren't cheep though. here in Canada, I have herd that each one is somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 bucks.

CanadianRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks

Thanks for the reply. It was too late today to contact the dealer, so that is why I posted on here for some more info. I will contact them the first of the week.

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
You wont have a problem, For uses either band sensors wich are on the oposite side of the valve setm, they are held on with a big hose clamp type thing. The other ones are on the stem themselfs, all they will do is reuse your old valve stem and sensor. You will have no problems. You can run any wheel you want.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals