• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

06 ranger radio need help

Raw16057

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hello, i have a 06 ranger 4x4 xlt 4door truck with an am fm single cd player. My problem is the radio only has sound when the key is on . after starting there is no sound. It also does not work in the accsesory position, only when the key is on. This just started today. It seems like there is a seperate amp that does not power up once started. Any help would be welcome.also when there is no sound the radio seems to work correctly tunes stations, lights on, cd shows , and volume looks like it goes up but no sound.

carbuff

Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
So all of the other normal stuff works in acc mode? Its just the radio not getting sound but working otherwise? Sounds like its the amp not getting juice, as you said. I dont know where the amp is located in that vehicle but I would pull the input plug on it and check the power lead for power in acc mode.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals