• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

06/07 FX4 Ranger owners.....

Sworn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2008 FX4 Ranger
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
As I mentioned in another thread, I'm considering an 06/07 FX4 Ranger as my next purchase. Anyone on the board that has one, what do you like/dislike about it.(Anything you feel is noteworthy.) Thanks.

Sworn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2008 FX4 Ranger
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Don't own one but they are bad-ass. I'm not sure what year they quit making the level II- maybe '06? The level II has a buncha cool stuff. They are a little hard on gas though... I'd buy one if I needed 4WD.

kaskirov

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i got an 06 FX4 Level II. I think 07 was the last year for the level 2s. i also think the only difference between the fx4 and the level 2 are the wheels. The level 2 has 15" Alcoa rims with 31" bfg all-terrrains. Maybe a few options became standard...

Advantages:
Amazing off road, with the ground clearance and small size this thing will go a lot of places.
cheap parts, just go to a junk yard and find any ranger.
its a ford... hahaha

Disadvantages:
Bad on gas (but it is a truck)
lack of power (maybe its just me... but it is a truck and shouldn't be fast i guess)
rough ride, doesn't bother me but it ain't a smooth ride
back seats are a joke for caring people, but the extended cab fits tool boxes and drill cases perfectly.

Sworn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2008 FX4 Ranger
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Advantages:
Amazing off road, with the ground clearance and small size this thing will go a lot of places.
With a leveling kit and additional leaf spring I've heard you can go with 33's.

Disadvantages:
Bad on gas (but it is a truck)
lack of power (maybe its just me... but it is a truck and shouldn't be fast i guess)
rough ride, doesn't bother me but it ain't a smooth ride
back seats are a joke for caring people, but the extended cab fits tool boxes and drill cases perfectly.
Not really concerned with the gas mileage or the rough ride. I think a cold air kit coupled with a decent exhaust might free up a few ponies.

I think Ford is doing $3500 cash back on the 08 Rangers if any one's interested.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"I'm not Mr. Lebowski, YOU'RE Mr. Lebowski. I'm The Dude."
I used to have an '02 Off Road Package, basically the same as the regular FX4 (not Level II)
Basically I agree with kaskirov, although coming from a 3.0 Ranger I thought the 4.0 had plenty of power.
Pros:
Great off road.
Cons:
Hard on gas.
Rides hard.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad