• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

01-08 headlights lenses on a 98. Success!

98mazdaman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey Everyone!

If you have been wondering if a later model headlight lens that is the clear see-through style will fit a 98-2000 Mazda, the answer is yes. I finally tried it and it worked. You will notice if you compare the old and new lenses side by side uninstalled that the shape is actually slightly different, as the new ones seem slightly deeper. They will work fine, however. Image is attached.

Attachments

crokarlo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Oh nice!! I'm thinking about getting the newer headlights and grill on my 98 ranger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B52U

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Looks great! Did you re-use the existing clips for the new lights? Any special tools used for clip removal?

98mazdaman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I used a pair of long bent-tip needle nose to spread the bottom of the clips apart and push them up. They might bend a little, but the clips are pretty tough and are easily able to be reused, which is what I did.

BCMopar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hey Everyone!

If you have been wondering if a later model headlight lens that is the clear see-through style will fit a 98-2000 Mazda, the answer is yes. I finally tried it and it worked. You will notice if you compare the old and new lenses side by side uninstalled that the shape is actually slightly different, as the new ones seem slightly deeper. They will work fine, however. Image is attached.
That looks great. My problem is I have a 97 and headlights are different. Still looking for something that will work for mine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals