• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

00 B2500 2.5L Oxygen Senors

B Series

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
How many O2 sensors go on the 2000 Mazda B2500SE 4 cylinder 2.5L? Where is the best place to buy them?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Two. Best place to buy is a matter of opinion.

You can probably get OEM online from ebay or Rockauto cheaply. You can probably get ones made by the OE manufacturer (the guys who made them for Ford, probably Denso or Bosch) at any parts store. You might pay a little more but have the ability to take them back to a physical store and deal face to face if you have a problem.

theBlake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have an extra left over from my donor vehicle if you'd like it... can send at the cost of shipping from 35040 zip code. Just lemme know [emoji6]

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

B Series

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have an extra left over from my donor vehicle if you'd like it... can send at the cost of shipping from 35040 zip code. Just lemme know [emoji6]

Thanks @theBlake, right now, just ran into another problem. Truck cranks but won't start. Will check fuses tomorrow in day light. Battery is brand new. My zip is 78227, bummed right now.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Check the three obvious things first

Spark
Fuel
Timing belt.

theBlake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Quick question on the timing belt: could I just use any strobe light to check? I've got a headlamp with a strobe function, hoping I can just use that

B Series

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Originally I had an Engine Light and MAF code.
Swapped out the MAF Sensor and cleared computer.
Ran alright for 3 days.

Checked:
Got spark
Can't find the little nozzle to check fuel.
Got Car to start, after pumping the gas peddle
After 3 days

Engine Light went back on. Autozone Code Check Results:
Soution is : Replace Overdrive Switch is there such a part on a standard transmission truck? Where is it located?

Definition
Code P0171 indicates that the Bank 1 System is too lean for a predetermined period of time.
Error Codes Read
P0171 Adaptive Fuel Trim Too Lean Bank 1

B Series

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hi, if you wondering why it takes me so long to come back, $0 & age ;) I have to save 1$ @ a time for parts. Any who @adsm08 02 Sensors are dble price in Mortar AutoParts than AutoRock. Question: which is the correct upstream length for 1999-2000 B2500 SE Manual Transmission 2DR Cab?
Upstream Length 15.4 or 10.6 inches.
Also which is better Bosch or Denso? My truck left me stranded in supper market lot :(

Answer: Correct Upstream Length is 10.6 Inch- the short one.

Where is Upstream O2 Sensor Located?
I want to pull it to see what length & connector type is on there? Found it
Answer:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=2000+Mazda+B2500+Upstream++Oxygen+Sensor+Location&t=ffnt&atb=v65-1_d&iax=images&ia=images&iai=http%3A%2F%2Ftxautonet.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fparser%2FMazda-Familia-2.0-2002-5.jpg

Ques: Now how do I uncouple the electrical connectors????
Answer: One Tab. Push Down the Tab! Woha its a one hand job this Upstream O2

Thank you

Last edited:

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Quick question on the timing belt: could I just use any strobe light to check? I've got a headlamp with a strobe function, hoping I can just use that

No, you use a timing light (not quite the same as a strobe light) to check ignition timing. The timing belt has nothing to do with ignition timing. It keeps the crank and cam in time with each other.

Originally I had an Engine Light and MAF code.
Swapped out the MAF Sensor and cleared computer.
Ran alright for 3 days.

Checked:
Got spark
Can't find the little nozzle to check fuel.
Got Car to start, after pumping the gas peddle
After 3 days

Engine Light went back on. Autozone Code Check Results:
Soution is : Replace Overdrive Switch is there such a part on a standard transmission truck? Where is it located?

Definition
Code P0171 indicates that the Bank 1 System is too lean for a predetermined period of time.
Error Codes Read
P0171 Adaptive Fuel Trim Too Lean Bank 1
No, no OD switch on a manual trans.

Question is which is the correct upstream length for 1999-2000 B2500 SE Manual Transmission 2DR Cab? Upstream Length 15.4 or 10.6 inches. Also which is better Bosch or Denso? My truck left me stranded in supper market lot :(
I don't know. Go get a tape measure.

B Series

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Update swapped out both up & downstream Oxygen Sensors. The truck Hiccuped like a bronco around the block got it into my driveway as it seem to run out of gas. The Fuel Tank is Full. I don't have anyone to help me run test, so I have to figure out ways to do things by myself. Can't spend anymore money on parts. Can anyone recommend a cheap OBDII that works on this B2500, Is the TOPDON AL201 any good? Is this truck 24Volt? Is it ODBII compliant? When scanning will it be differentiated from Ford Ranger as 2000 Mazda B2500, its confusing many people say its the same???
Will this truck work with the following OBDll Code Scanner:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/KW808-MaxiScan-OBDII-EOBD-OBD2-Scanner-Car-Code-Reader-Tester-Diagnostic-MS509/141927551347?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49924%26meid%3Db663d8a52485496ba5e6c76e34108ddb%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D172357967076%26itm%3D141927551347&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
Thank you

Last edited:

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
It sounds like you just aren't getting fuel. The pump may be going out. Test fuel pressure.

B Series

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hi, does anyone know what OBDII Protocal Mazda B2500 use? Is it a Japanese Protocol or Ford Diagnostic Communication Protocol? Need to know this to buy a compatible OBDll Diagnostic Tool.

2) What is the Correct Position of The Red Button in The Fuel Shut of Switch? Is the working Position Depressed? Thanks

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Should be a Ford protocol on the B series.

Down is the correct position for the switch.

B Series

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Does 00 B2500 have Crank Shaft Synchronizer & Sensor or Camshaft Sensor?

Hi friend, Thank you adsm08
for the answer too bad you are so far away.
Had no fuel pressure coming from schrader valve on fuel rail, no fuel squirted out. I moved the flatbed & changed the Fuel Pump (For me it was easier than dropping the fuel tank without a lift & proper support jacks, for one person.) - it did had a worn little hose. Truck didn't start.
Left the bed back & Next day the truck started & sounded great except for a kind of brushing sound from behind the Time Belt Shroud. Now here is why I don't trust Mechanics: I while back I took the truck to a mechanic, I told him there was this swishing or brushing sound coming from behind the timing belt shroud, he looked at the engine and told me - my engine looked so clean - there was nothing to worry about. I asked him how much it would be to change belts and check for the noise and he said "Don't worry it's nothing, you don't need to change your belts".

Well I still have that sound, so I had someone change the bottom bearing pulley looked like there was enough play I thought better safe than sorry, changed the belt too. The noise was still there but the truck appeared to run great, the so called mechanic said: Its nothing to worry about, you can drive it that way for a while. Next day it started & I drove it to a near by park. On my way home the truck just died in the middle of the road with not a sound. Coasted the truck to park it at the corner.
Crank, No Spark, No Start. When I turned the key to ON there was no movement in the RPM, No Check Engine Light.
I found No Blown Fuses. Are there 2 Fuse Boxes on this truck, 1 in the Engine Compartment
and 1 in the Cab? By the Driver's Side? My good volt meter leads came today, so I will Test the Relays.

4 Days Later truck started but engine ran really bad, shaky, rough. I didn't try to drive it.

Research refers to similar sound from the Time Belt Area attributes it to a Crank Shaft Synchronizer & sensor. Others attribute it to a Cam Shaft Sensor? Does my truck have any of these? Where?

I've swapped out the MAF, new Battery, IAC, EGR Valve, TPS, Oxygen Sensors, Fuel Pump. I'd cry but that won't help, instead I bought I multi-voltmeter & light tester, a pressure guage but don't know how to use them yet.
Currently changing the spark plugs.

Last edited:

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Your engine probably does have the Cam synrco/sensor assembly, but I am not familiar enough with that engine to know exactly where they are.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals