• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4.0 1994 ranger

1. stuck intake manifold

i cant get the upper intake manifold off, ive unbolted all 6 bolts and everything and its still stuck solid, 4.0 v6 ohv please help
  2. Braydencoc23

1994 Ford Ranger 4.0 MAF Issues

I’m having Issues with my MAF system acting up, I have Code 157. I have a new a new Motorcraft OEM sensor, no intake system leaks, No vaccum leaks and a new PCM, but still having issues. I’ve been testing all the wires and getting 13.6 volts the red wire and 12.6 volts on the ground wire with...
  3. 94 4.0 running rough and eating spark plugs

Ive got a 1994 4.0 with the a4ld and ive been having issues with the engine struggling to stay running and destroying the spark plugs. I originally thought that i had a bad head gasket so i replaced the gaskets and had the heads checked by a local machine shop and they said they were fine...
  4. Oxygen sensors

I have a 94 ranger xlt with a 4.0 previous owner removed the o2 sensors and plugged them and removed the wiring for them I need to get them back in because the truck is running rich but I obviously have to run new wiring so if anyone has a wiring diagram or has done this before etc help would be...
  5. 94 3.0 exhaust manifold pattern

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew if the 4.0 headers would fit a 3.0 I'm looking for some good exhaust manifolds for a 3.0 and it looks like 4.0 headers would fit as well as being cheaper and more abundant, thank you for your time 1994 ford ranger xlt 3.0 v6 5spd
  6. Oil for 4.0l v6

Hey guys. I'm wanting an oil that will stick up in the top end a little better, because my motor which only has 50k miles on it ticks just a bit when it's cold in the winter for just a second or to, I was wondering what you guys suggest. I have seen the castrol stuff and the royal purple, was...
  7. Need help desperately. I have no where else to turn.

This will be a long post, but I’m reaching out becuase I have no where else to turn. I’ve read pretty much every thread on the internet pertaining to the problem I’m having and nothing has worked. So here’s the problem... idles slightly rough. When I put it into drive it’ll drop idle to like...
  8. thcscubajohn

T-5 or Viper 6 speed

Hello TRS transmission community, the title says it all I'm torn between using a T5 or a Tremec Viper 6 speed for my Ranger project. I've mentioned in a couple other threads the details but will again. The drivetrain will consist of a 4.0 ohv built into a Morana 4.3 and is expected to reach ~...
  9. Camshaft synchronizer sensor install

Im part way through the replacement of the synchronizer and Im doing it without the tool my question is HOW exact does it have to be, are we talking dead on balls accurate or is there a mm or two grace? I bought a replacement from a wrecker and I do not have the tool neither does anyone in my...
  10. need help guys.

Ok guys I need your help...I have had my ford ranger 1994 4.0l for over 2 years now sweet truck until last couple of months. Ran good until about 6months ago the truck would miss/buck/no power/run shitty.it would buck and miss once on the highway. Then it's Ben getting worse and worse now it's...
  11. DavidTC3

94 4.0 Ranger OBD-I code 172

I recently got my engine replaced in my ranger. After I got it back the check engine light came on. It would come on and go off. I got it scanned by the guy that replaced the engine and he said it was the o2 sensors. I replaced both of them and it still came on. Only now it stays on instead of...
  12. Snorkel for 94 4.0 ranger xlt

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew what I do with the other hoses coming off of the intake port connect to the front of the body. I was just thinking of sealing off the air box then just have pvp run off the box out the side pannel and up the panger side door, but i didnt want to screw...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad