• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1. Locking hub issue

I have an 88 ranger that has manual locking hubs and have been having some issues. The passenger side hubs want to switch to locked every so often. They are the stock hubs. I unscrewed the cap and found that the screw through the middle can bo longer hold the cap on. After I unscrewed this I...
  2. 3.0 Engine Wiring Harness For 4.0 OHV

I cant find a engine wiring harness for my 98 Ranger 4.0 OHV Automatic trans. I did find one from a 3.0 from the same year. Will it work?
  3. Wheel offset question

I have a 98 ranger and am trying to decide on wheels. Does anyone know the correct size/offset that will fit without tire rub? I'm looking to go about as big as possible. Thanks
  4. Hola hola

Howdy bonjour buenos... First time ranger-owner-DIYer in Miami, FL, looking to get to know how cars work by means of a '98 XLT 3.0L V6 4x4 5-speed. Blows my mind how many rangers roll around this city, if you watch you can spot 5 a minute easy. Got dragged on the buying price but after diving...
  5. 98 Ranger 4.0 unique fuel filter

Removed the old filter as it was completely rusted over and had never been changed (~70,000mi). Unfortunately, cannot read any manufacturer info from it. Got it out with some resistance due to expanded rust. Replacement filter purchased at Autozone (confirmed as a fit for the vehicle) is exact...
  6. Tools needed for Ball Joint Replacement ('98 4x4).

Hello to the helpful members of TRS, I have a 1998 Ranger Extended Cab 4x4 3.0L 5-speed, torsion bar front end, 155K miles, and it is now way past due for lower balljoints, and upper control arms/balljoints. I recently moved from Ohio to Texas, and having gone from a house to an apartment, I...
  7. 98 ranger sas using f350 axels

i was wondering if anyone had any links for tutorials for doing an sas using f350 axles?
  8. 98 Ranger XLT w/ 01 Explorer 5.0 Donor

Hello Guys, it has been a while since I have been active here, but I have still been trolling the tech pages. My question to the more experienced folks on the site is this; I have an 01 Explorer with a 5.0 AWD I am planning on using the whole driveline ecm, harnesses and all for my 98 3.0 4x4...
  9. Rear door latch/cable/handle 98 Ranger XLT

So Ford wants $200 for the parts to fix one handle. First part is the handle with one cable connected to the lower latch. Second part is upper latch with cable to door handle. Since you can obviously secure the cables to the handle I have a few questions. First. Can you connect a cable to the...
  10. Colton Smith

BREATHER TUBES 1998 Ranger

Hey guys It didnt occur to me til just now about breather tubes/ hoses on my truck and their locations and vulnerability to dirt and water until I saw a video on the HumV about their breathers being sealed. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction of how to extend my breather...
  11. 1998 Explorer V8

I'm looking at purchasing one of two 1998 Explorer Limited V8 models, and one states AWD, the other states 2WD. While researching on Edmunds.com and looking at the complete list of available models for 1998, no where does it show a 2WD V8 model available for 1998. Perhaps the person who is...
  12. Range98

Looking for Opinions

Hey all, Well I'm building up a 302 for a street truck and the front end on my truck is just lacking that aggressive look I want. I've read up on swapping the front end out for a 01-03 edge and I'm looking for any ideas you have for a better front end I can put on before I swap the new engine...
  13. William Spitzer

98 lift questions

i know there are alot of threads about lifting 98+ trucks, but i couldnt find any about what im thinking about doing. ive found these 2 kits...
  14. getrdone52

New to TRS

This is my 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4 3.0L. I just got at about a month ago and i love it! It only has 125,000 miles, not bad for a '98. I live in Colorado so i have plenty of places to go off roading :D Here's some pics.
  15. Ripplechip00Z

Squeaky Suspension??

Alright so I've got a 1998 Ranger Splash 2wd with front coil springs. It has this annoying squeak in the front end when I drive down the road. When I bought it about 4 months ago the guy put in brand new suspension as it was previously slammed. I've had it up on a lift and looked at everything...
  16. 98 4wd electronic transfer case problems clicking noises

hey i have a 98 ford ranger 4wd, 4.0 V6, off road package, automatic. I just put a 3 inch PA body lift on. The 4wd was working fine before the lift. Now that i have finished its not working. I replaced the hubs with avm manual. Everytime i try to turn to 4wd i hear a single click followed...
  17. 98 ranger- engine revving when pressing in clutch...

I just got my 98 ranger so i haven't worked out all the kinks in it yet I found out that the throttel cable on it is longer than it should be an really looks like a cable they would put in a lawn mower...well when i press my clutch in the engine will rev a lot to the point where it sounds like...
  18. Colin

Stuck Open Thermostat?

Hey guys, think my thermostat is stuck open. The needle sits on cold for a long time (easily 20 mins) while driving in town, on the highway it comes up to normal after a minute or two. It's a '98 4.0L, is there a way I can check to see if the thermostat is operating properly, without ripping it...
  19. Compatible 98 4x4 ranger rotors.

I have to replace the rotors on my 98 ranger and will have to do it with used parts. Im going to get them at the local pick your part but know that the 4x4 ranger selection there is extremely limited. What other models and or yrs are compatible to my 98 4x4? Thank you very much for your help.
  20. '02 Explorer buckets in a '98 extended Ranger

I've been wanting to replace my 60/40 bench for a while now. I read that 2001 Explorer seats are bolt in, but I got a deal on these 2002 Explorer seats ($20 for both seats!). I don't like power seats, and my interior is grey - so these seats couldn't be better... except I'm clueless and don't...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad