• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1997 ford ranger

1. 97 Ranger Turbo Help

Okay so to start off I’ve scoured this forum and have found a lot of helpful information but I’m still unsure of what the best route would be so I have a couple options. I have a 97 2.3 xlt 5 speed that I’m looking to turbo and daily drive. Obviously the easy way is to swap a turbo motor/ecu in...
  2. Making a pattern to plan a custom wood console (seeking advice or diagrams)

I am dreaming up a custom wood center console for my 97 Ranger. It will replace the radio bezel and existing cupholders. The edges of the wood will need to sit right up against the dashboard plastic. This would be my first project cutting wood pieces that need to drop into place, though, and I'm...
  3. Replacing Radiator - 97 4L manual

Hey all, I'm going to be replacing my radiator tomorrow in my 97 ranger 4.0 v6 manual. It appears there is a crack in my radiator that came about yesterday, when I went outside and there was a decent puddle of coolant underneath the truck. Just seeing if anyone has any tips or key pieces of...
  4. Vacuum line not plugged in

1997 Ranger 4.0L V6 Manual - I have a vacuum line that I cannot seem to figure out where it belongs. I have moved it to all angles/lengths that it can go but there does not seem to be any place to plug it in. When I noticed it, it was just laying there behind the engine oil cap (in picture)...
  5. Ranger 97-2000 cabs

Hey, I own a 2000 ranger that I rolled a few months ago. I'm looking for a cab and found a screaming deal on a 97' in great condition. However, I know that ford changed the truck significantly including widening the wheel bases after 97 and was wondering if the 97 cab is something that I would...
  6. Rear Differential Fill Plug Location Concern

Forgive for this partial repost. I posted last week about some differential fluid change questions. I may have been too long winded. Mostly I am concerned about just one part of my larger post (Here it is, if you're interested). When I look at everyone else's 7.5 open differential, the fill...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad