• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1. ISO HELP 1996 Mazda b2300

I am pretty mechanically inclined so usually I’m able to figure stuff out on my own not this. What happened is I was driving home from work I was in 4th gear let off the gas for a corner then went to give it more and I had no power. Mind you I had music going I turned it down and it had a rough...
  2. 1996 mazda b3000

Hey first post here I’ve been looking everywhere for a lift kit for my 1996 mazda b3000 2wd can someone help me out please
  3. Engine replacement compatibility

Hi, I have a 1996 4.0 xlt 5 speed 2wd, the rear end hit a massive bolder in an ice storm and I bent the frame, trying to find out how easy it would be or if it is possible to swap my engine which is undamaged into another truck, I have a few options on what truck I can buy for this, they are all...
  4. Will a 1993-94 STX/Splash grille fit on 1996 XLT?

Hey guys, new here and recently picked up a 1996 XLT 4.0 that I finally have the time and energy to start playing with. I was curious if I would be able to swap out the stock grille on the 96 for a 93-94 STX grille like the one here? It looks like everything should line up/fit but I want to be...
  5. Compatible seats??

Hey guys, so I’m new to this site but I just got a 1996 manual 4.0 v6 xlt standard cab 2wd with the long bed. I was searching on the site about what seats are compatible an found some info but not a whole lot on the mustang seat compatibility? My buddy has a 95’ cobra that he said I could have...
  6. U Joint Part Numbers and Cross Reference

Hey guys, have a 96 XLT with the 4.0 and 125" WB. Looking for a list of part numbers for all the u joints under the truck preferably greaseable u joints. There's a billion u joints out there and not exactly which one to get. I have found like 5 different Moog part numbers for them. Just trying...
  7. Factory wiring harness

I’m in the process of rebuilding my 96 4.0. My harness has quite a few damages in it. I’ve been looking online and even talked to the parts department at ford, and I can’t to seem anyone who still makes new harnesses. Anyone got any ideas? I’d like to get a new one but someone suggested I find...
  8. Spare Wheel & 4x4

Hi everyone, Brand new to the forum here, was hoping to get some help on wheels I have a 96 Ranger XL 4x4 with manual lock hubs I'm in need of a spare tire. My wheels are a 5 lug pattern, 235/75/15 tires It seems like a majority of ranger and explorer rims will match Just wondering if there...
  9. generic

Replacing 1996 4.0L upper intake gaskets & injector seals

I need to replace the fuel-rail-to-lower-intake gasket(s) on my 1996 4.0L OHV as they have begun to get sucked into the front and rear pair of intake ports. Mine is the plastic spacer (~3/16" thick) sandwiched between 2 thinner gaskets (paper I think, don't have them off yet). I have the intake...
  10. Help Needed

I've noticed a few things start to go wrong with my '96 Ranger recently and since I'm not an expert at anything automotive, I thought I might try this forum and see if anyone might be able to help. I first noticed that the a/c in my truck would get hot when going up hills or pushing the truck a...
  11. 96 2.3 very troublesome miss at idle

Hi everybody, I've been working on a 1996 Ranger 2.3 5 spd reg cab truck that I bought for my son about 3 weeks ago and I'm having trouble getting it to run right. It has a rough idle, not too bad cold but it gets really bad after it warms up and idles down- lower rpms=worse miss. I think I...
  12. 16 steel wheels on 1996 2wd ranger

Can anyone help me? I have a 1996 Ranger extnd cab 2 wd truck 2.3 w manual 5 speed. I am looking to put 16" wheels on the truck. Does any one know if the "STEEL" 16" Crown Victory wheels will fit this application? I know the bolt pattern is 5x4.5 not sure about the backspacing issue. Any help...
  13. What year engine is this?

Hey all, I have been reading this forum for a few years as I have owned 3 rangers, 85, 92 & now 96. 2.3L Engine is blown so I went about replacing it. Found an engine on craigslist, claimed it was from a '96 and only had 75k miles on it. $200 seemed like a good deal. About an hour ago I got...
  14. 1996 Ranger 2.3 XLT, 'How-to' replace cruise control buttons?

I want to install new cruise control buttons, the one on the right and the one on the left side of the steering wheel center area. O'Reilly has the two button set for $131.00, Motorcraft. Before the button on the left broke from age, the cruise worked perfectly. The foam part of the left button...
  15. 96 2.3 stumble on acceleration

I have a 96 2.3 auto with about 200,000 miles on it. Last week I did a timing belt, crank seals, cleaned the crank sensor (oil leak), spark plugs and coils (I removed the intake and throttle and cleaned both. I also cleaned the maf sensor. Since then I have had more problems. It is now having...
  16. Putting 2wd at stock 4wd height

Dunno if this is better in the pre-runner or not but figured it'd be ok in a 2wd lift forum- I have a 1996 Ranger xlt extended cab 2wd that I'd like to bring up to stock 4wd height, i'd like to get a little more ground clearance out of it but i don't really wanna put the money in for a...
  17. 1996 B2300 Extended Cab Headliner Replacment

Hi, New to the forums but have already gotten several insights to other issues with my B2300. I'm going to replace the headliner covering and I'm looking for any details on unfastening and removing the headliner. I know the visors, hand hold, dome light need to come off. I'm really looking for...
  18. 1996 2.3 Timing trouble

I am changing the timing belt on my 2.3 and am having trouble lining the timing marks up. They were lined up when I took the belt off, but I accidentally moved the truck while it was in gear just a hair (I know it should have been in neutral, I've already face palmed because of this). I can...
  19. Ranger 4.0 help/ need quick if possible

I have a 1996 Ford Ranger 2 wheel drive 4.0 engine... I cracked my heads and replaced them and i put the valve covers as well as the lower intake but thats as far as ive got. my passenger side exhaust went on fine but my drivers side exhaust doesnt wanna line up. if i undo the bolts leading down...
  20. kurama49

96 Ranger build pre-runnin on a budget!

Hey guys! welcome to the new thread. Well, as I've been saying in my other thread i would be getting a new ranger. Well i did! Its a 2.3 cyl,2wd,5spd. It has new shocks,brakes,floors,timing belt,stereo,comes with a better bed, and 2 new tires. When the summer comes things will really start...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad