• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1. Help identifying engine year

Hello, I found an engine for sale but the owner does not know the year. I'm wondering if anybody would be able help Identify the year of this engine? They think it's a 1993/94 but just want to make sure. Thanks.
  2. chickenman

1994 4x4 5speed TDI swap

This will be my documentation of how I TDI swap my ranger. Stay tuned. I will be posting most updates on my new member page, and saving this one to big updates.
  3. chickenman

1994 4x4 manual TDI swap

This is the begining of the long process.
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Engine harness need help

I have a 1994 2.3 ranger with a 5 speed. I bought it not to long ago and it's run a little rough at times. So went to replace the icm thinking that was the problem. Unfortunately it is the harness someone used a bunch of house ground wire to repair it and now it's my problem. I really l I e...
  5. Starting a sitting truck? Help!

Hello! I have recently started working on a 1994 Ford Ranger. I know it has been sitting for a while, likely upwards of four years, but no way to truly determine. As of right now it is a crank-no-start engine. Prefacing this by saying this is not only my first pre-OBDII car I have worked on, but...
  6. 1994 outer tie rod ends wrong thread direction?

I recently replaced the upper and lower ball joints and outer tie rod ends on my '94 b2300. Afterward, I took it to a local shop for an alignment. They told me that they couldn't align it because the tie rod ends are wrong and the thread causes the alignment collars to just spin on the ends and...
  7. 94 Ranger Dana 35 axle shaft

I'm looking for parts to rebuild my 4x4 axle shaft. I recently bought a 94 Ranger, 4.0L V6 - I have a few questions: anyone know where I can find parts for a Dana 35 front passenger axle shaft anyone know what years of other Fords (Explorers/Broncos) use a Dana 35 I'm in Canada; I'm 17, I'll...
  8. Will a 1993-94 STX/Splash grille fit on 1996 XLT?

Hey guys, new here and recently picked up a 1996 XLT 4.0 that I finally have the time and energy to start playing with. I was curious if I would be able to swap out the stock grille on the 96 for a 93-94 STX grille like the one here? It looks like everything should line up/fit but I want to be...
  9. 2.3L ('83-'97) CEL Code 222 and Partial No Spark Issue

Hey Folks! I been lurking for a couple months. I bought a 94 Ranger 2WD manual 2.3 just recently. It has ONLY 94k miles! It didn't run great when I bought it, but I've gotten it seemingly smoothed out quite a bit with some basic maintenance. (plugs + wires, trans oil, diff oil, O2 sensor...
  10. North Idaho 5.oh

1994 ranger beauty/new motor!

I know I have a few threads posted on here but what can I say, I love working on these things! I can’t remember if I ever posted this truck and if I did, I can’t seem to find the post.... What I stumbled on is a SUPER CLEAN and well taken care of 1994 ranger ex cab with a perfect rust free...
  11. 94 ford ranger zerk fittings

Hi! Does anyone happen to have a diagram should all the grease zerk fitting locations on a 1994 Ford Ranger? Thank you.
  12. Dome & cargo light on always

My new to me 1994 4x4 extended cab. THE DOME/CARGO LIGHTS ARE ALWAYS ON WHEN THE IGNITION IS OFF. I have to disconnect the battery or it will drain to 0 over night...I checked online for a fuse, but no listed location, I pulled the 10 amp labeled "1" in the diagrams and the lights go out, but...
  13. Hello there!

Hi, all. Yesterday I bought a 1994 Ranger XLT SuperCab 4x4 with the 4.0 V6 and a 5-speed. I'm pretty pumped about it, especially since it's absolutely identical to my first vehicle, except that was an automatic trans and I always wanted the stick shift anyway. Side note: never sell your first...
  14. Can I fit 1998-2005 ford ranger kool vue manual on a 1994 ranger.

I have a 1994 ford ranger xlt with the flag style manual mirrors. I found these kool vue manual mirrors that look like they have the same bolt pattern but the listing says they're for a 1998-2005. If someone could let me know if they fit my 1994 that would be greatly appreciated :icon_thumby...
  15. 1994 B4000 ABS light flashing

Yesterday my abs light came on and started flashing. It flashing a total of 16 times and from what I have tried to gather up thats code 16. Not sure what the code means. Any help on that would be appreciated. Later that day along with the abs light I found out that my dash light was not...
  16. 94 Ford Ranger 2.3 Cranks but no start

As tile said I got a 94 Ranger It will turn over fine but won't start >Timing is correct >spark plugs are new Bosch >New plug wires >New coil packs >New CPS >MAF is original but works fine >New fuel Pump and filter >New fuel pump and ecm relays >Tps is within specs >New ICV >Rebuilt engine...
  17. 94 Ranger 2.3l XLT 5 speed, cranks but no start

Ive had this truck for a few months and I have replaced a lot of parts on it - radiator, maf sensor, iac, tps, fuel pump/filter, water pump, fuel regulator, both coil packs, plugs and wires. It had a misfire and loss of power (code 224) so I thought it was my icm. I took my icm out and was...
  18. 84bluebronco2

94 F150 running rough

Been awhile since I checked in here, but figured I should start here for problem solving.. Recently came into possession of a 94 F150 4x4 302/Auto. If the truck sets overnight it will tend to have a low/rough idle when it drops from high idle, and almost tries to stall. A quick flick of the...
  19. 1994 4.0 wont restart at running temp.

Hi. I'm a new owner of an old Ranger. and the biggest problem i'm having with it is trying to figure out why it starts fine in the morning, then once its up to running temp, it wont restart after it sits 10-20 minutes. i get a crank with no start. it'll run on starting fluid until it runs out...
  20. 1994 b4000 idle/rev issue

1994 Mazda b4000 4x4 216,xxx No mechanical issues other than a leaky break hose and one I can't figure out, on occasion when stopped or on neutral the rpms jumps and the engine revs, like if the brake weren't depressed or it was out of gear it would lurch forward, like...vuh! Buhbuhbuhbuh vuh...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad