• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1989 ranger

1. Transmission Crossmember Bushings

I’ve got a ‘89 4x4 Ranger in need of crossmember bushings. I’ve been to the end of the internet and eBay no bushing no assemblies available all discontinued and out of stock. I found one old (2016) thread that someone found one they are also out of stock. Does anyone have any? Or a number...
  2. 1989 ranger extended cab 2.9 reverse slipping

Hi everyone, this is my first Ford Ranger and also my first time here. I bought the vehicle about a year ago with fairly low miles. 129k. 1989 with the 2.9 and Automatic transmission. For a few months now I've been noticing a weird downshifting symptom. It stays in the higher gear too long and...
  3. What’s a good and correct body lift kit for a 1989 Ford ranger XLT?

Hello! I’m interested in lifting my 1989 ford ranger and I have no idea where to start in lifting the body. It’s 2W drive and a manual. XLT body. I’m looking for a 3-6inch body kit for it. What’s some good options for me?
  4. OldMan89

Can’t figure out my fuel guage

My truck has a brand new in tank sending unit but my fuel guage doesn’t really work…some times I’ll start it up and BOOM it jumps right up but after about 3 minutes it has slowly made its way back down to empty. Not times it just downst move. I’ve checked connections and fuses but I am coming up...
  5. FlooredCustom

Rusty Ranger Danger

Hi fellow Ford enthusiasts, I recently acquired a 1989 Ford Ranger Custom 2.3L 4wd, manual transmission, its a beauty. I knew i had some rust to repair on the body but didn’t know at what point it was dangerous. My clutch and my break booster both let go while I was driving on the highway...
  6. 1989 ford ranger noise

I need some help figuring out what the noise is coming from my transmission is? i got the truck last year, before i got it ,it had sat in a field for 4 years and did not run . I got it to run and drive , i have replaced the clutch, slave cylinder, and master cylinder, and changed the trans...
  7. Sportrally5

Ford convert

Hey all, So I was just getting my Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4 where I liked it and after 384,000 the head gasket went so while I save for a new engine I picked up a cheap truck challenge 1989 Ford Ranger. The previous owner lifted it and was using it basically for muddling and joyriding in the hills...
  8. Texican65

Mitsubishi FM 146 lubricant?

Hi guys! I've got the 5-speed mitsubishi in my '89, had some issues with it over the last 5 years. A few months after I bought the truck in 2011, i had to have the input bearing replaced, and a new 5th gear. I've always run conventional oil, 90w in all my manual trannys, so thats what I used in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad