• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1. Starting Issues 2.9l 4x4 1986 Ranger (auto)

Hi everyone, i'm from germany and in january i bought a 1986 ranger (which is an import car), unfortunately it broke down couple weeks after i bought it, the reason was a broken crankshaft. So i took it to a U.S Car workshop in germany (which are btw extremly rare) and the guy told me he will...
  2. Ford Ranger '86 2.9L Knock Sensor replacement questions

Hi, I'm pretty new to fixing vehicles but am learning fast. I've had this 86 ranger XLT 2WD for a little under a year and been fixing small things here and there. I noticed recently that my knock sensor had been unplugged. Truck has been running well but I have no comparison. I plugged it back...
  3. Injectors not seated?

Hi guys, new heads on a 1986 2.9L Bronco 2. The new injectors on the passenger side don't seem to sit as far down as the drivers side. We unbolted and rebolted the fuel rail a few times and we can't seem to get the passenger side injectors to go down any lower with or without the fuel rail being...
  4. Ranger86er

New to the station

How we doin’? I live in the great state of Maine and although this state is magical in a ton of ways; it still eats vehicles. The DOT drops enough salt to rust out the best of them. Luckily my ‘86 Ranger 2.9L manual transmission came from Arizona, where apparently vehicles live forever, and has...
  5. Boingo

Bad Cam and/or lifters ?

SO, I'll give all the details. You decide what is relevant. My guess is a bad cam lobes and/or lifters. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.9 xlt auto 2wd. The motor was rebuilt by a very reliable guy we know. It was a family member's truck, then i got it years later. It sat in this truck for 5 years without...
  6. DankTank

'86 Ranger, The "Dank Tank" or "A Craigslist Failure Story"

We need a separate forum for these. Not a 4x4, not a mini truck... Just a guy building up his Ranger! This has been a long time coming! I bought the truck in October from an old man who was trying to fix it up. He took me for a ride and I was satisfied. And before you ask, yes, I bought a...
  7. 86 2.9 4x4 starter problems! NEED HELP!!

i just bought a 1986 2.9, 5 speed fm145 trans, 4x4, with starter problems. the starter grinds every time I try to start it. from what I read, this is a common problem. my flywheel is new and I'm on my second starter both new. second one I put a 10 tooth gear in it which did not fix the problem...
  8. 1986 Ford Bronco II problems and solutions

i have a 1986 ford bronco 2 xlt and just yesterday the power window system on the passenger side of the truck have stoped working. i can hear a clicking noise when i give it power, but it just does not want to roll up. Does anyone know what this could be?:shok::shok:
  9. Starter Solenoid Issues

I replaced the solenoid, now my engine won't crank. Think I may have wired it up wrong. I can't make any sense of the wiring diagrams, does anyone have a picture of what it should look like? Its an '86 2.3l manual
  10. 86 2.3l isn't starting any ideas?

I have a 1986 4x4 2.3l 5 speed manual Ranger. i bought on Craigslist back in August (best purchase i have ever made). It was running fine until about two month ago, the alternator died. I replaced it, got a new battery. Then the ignition wouldn't work, so we rigged a switch to jump it at the...
  11. Baby Blue Ranger

Hi I am Doug, Obviously I am a ranger fan, I have had proabably a ranger in my driveway for the last 18 years. I really like them. My daughter also liked them. I lost her to cancer in 2006, she was 5 years old. At the time I had a baby blue 1986 ranger, I also had a Explorer, on one trip...
  12. 2011 4.0 in 86 ranger?

I have an opportunity to buy really cheap a 2011 ford Ranger sport ext cab that has been rolled but only has 10000 miles on it. It is a complete truck and still drives although the entire body is trashed. It has a 4.0L v-6 and automatic transmission. Can I put that drive train into my 1986...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad