• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Hi! 98 xlt 4x4 single cab long bed 4.0ohv here

Hello my name is Devon I'm a welder and diesel mechanic and I'm fairly new here! I never realized how huge the ranger community is! I've got a rust free 98 4.0 ranger, 4x4, rebuilt transmission, 233,000+ on the chassis and a little over 2,000+ on the motor. Ive browsed for sometime and made a...
  2. 98 4.0 Ranger Full rebuild. Lean and Rich code issue.

Update: The issue has returned so the downstream o2 sensor must not have been it. I put a pcv valve in it and checked all vacuum lines and hoses. This of course had vacuum hubs from the factory which I replaced with manual hubs and blocked off the vacuum lines. I looked over everything and...
  3. 98 4.0 Ranger Full rebuild. Lean and Rich code issue.

Seriously! I didn't realize it was a necessary part as it didn't have one when I got it, just the hose connected to the plenum and it all looked factory and correct so I just assumed that it was. It ran fine for the 10,000 miles I put on it without it and has been running without it! I knew...
  4. 98 4.0 Ranger Full rebuild. Lean and Rich code issue.

Sorry! I should have specified between gem and pcm I'm just used to calling all computers where im at gem modules! It has a reprogrammed GEM in it because the 4x4 in mine was bad. I forgot to mention that if it's in park and you let it idle for a little bit it almost tries to stall itself out...
  5. 98 4.0 Ranger Full rebuild. Lean and Rich code issue.

UPDATE: I checked the O2 plugs and I have them going to the proper sides. I traced the issue to the O2 sensor after the cat. After I put the new cat on and the new sensor I monkeyed with it last night and I don't know if It wasn't plugged in all the way or what but all seems well now. I was...
  6. 98 4.0 Ranger Full rebuild. Lean and Rich code issue.

I have a 98 Ford Ranger that I just recently rebuilt from inside out. Long block, all new internals all tested ready to roll. Almost everything on this motor is brand new. For the first 500 mile break in I ran it at different speeds under different loads with no issue. Change oil, Repeat...
  7. 98 4.0 ohv help

I just checked the wiring for the O2 plugs and they are on the correct sides. One thing I forgot to mention is that when I let off the gas pedal and the RPMs drop down to between 1000 and 2000 the truck and RPM gauge jump up and down between 1200 and 1500 until I press the gas then it goes back...
  8. 98 4.0 ohv help

Hello and thanks for the quick reply. Paragraphs got it. When I pulled the motor out to put the rebuilt in I discovered that the driver's side O2 connecter had come off it's clip and had half melted to the exhaust pipe. I wire tied it back together and had no issue. A few weeks later it...
  9. 98 4.0 ohv help

Hello I'm new here but have lurked for a long time. I have a 98 Single cab long bed Ranger with the 4.0 ohv in it. It's my daily driver and I love it. Its a rust free southern truck I bought out of Texas with 200,000 plus on it. The truck made it 10,000 miles for me before the engine developed a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad