• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ThatOneGuy

Cruise control

Not sure where this fits so I put it here, yesterday on my way into work. To pick up the tow truck for the week. I tried the cruise control on the 89. Seams to work great however it wouldn't let me set the speed above 55. Is this a normal thing?
  2. ThatOneGuy

SOLD! 95 mazda b2300

95 Mazda b2300 2wd for sale, New clutch, and starter, great driver, burns no oil, year old oil still looks new, recent rear diff service. 2.3 5 sp. Manual. 4.10 rear gears, 4 door explorer rear leaf springs, 31-10.5-15 rear tires, 235-75-15 front tires, good runner. Comes with Bluetooth am fm...
  3. ThatOneGuy

2.9 headers

Anyone know of a place that still offers headers for a 2.9. Everywhere I look online they are discontinued. Perhaps you have a set for me?
  4. ThatOneGuy

Driveline thoughts

OK so we all know I'm working on putting the 8.8 in the 89 ranger. I'm trying to decide what to do with the driveline. So question #1 how much free play should the slip joint have forwards and back, the 8.8 is a bit longer in the bell housing than the 7.5 so with the original mocked up in place...
  5. ThatOneGuy

Trans ?

So the only thing I've kinda glossed over and ignored, and failed to mention is that the fm146 has basicly no first gear synchros left so it's basicly impossible to down shift to first without Rev matching. I do have a spare known good fm146. But if I sell the 83 or just not engine swap it...
  6. ThatOneGuy

8.8 in 2nd gen truck

Hey all I'm working to put my 8.8 expo axle from a 98 into my 89 ranger trying to get good measurements for leaf sping perches is a pain. Anyone have them handy or a link to where they are posted. Having trouble with searching.
  7. ThatOneGuy

Tough decisions

I'm contemplating selling my 83 ranger it's a good truck. But now that I have the 89 that is much nicer, bigger, easier to 4 0 swap someday if the 2.9 gives out. I would miss the long bed some. And I've put so much time and effort into getting it ready for a 4.0 swap. It's still a good running...
  8. ThatOneGuy

2.9/4.0 injector plug compatibility

I have some damaged wires close to the injector plugs on my 2.9 that I don't want to try and repin. Does it share injector plugs with a 4.0
  9. ThatOneGuy

Rear end swap

Planing on swapping rear end in my 95 mazda 2300 need to go fron 3.45 gears to 3.73. I plan to just use a rear end from a 89 b2 that I have laying around. Before it's previous truck was retired. It has new brakes seals and bearings. I know I'll lose the speed sensor. But the odometer don't work...
  10. ThatOneGuy

Delete Delete

Delete
  11. ThatOneGuy

Hi yall

How have all you hooligans been? Life's been busy for me but I hope to stop by more often.
  12. ThatOneGuy

Ideas about my new shifter

So as you guys know I built a new transfer case linkage to use my 1350 on an m50d. One thing I have noticed is without the stock gated shifter, it feels like the gear detents on the transfercase are unsuited to keep the shifter in place. Now am I just being overly cautious, should I post a video...
  13. ThatOneGuy

Wanted Shift linkage

Shift linkage for 1350 manual transfer case, for an m50d/a4ld
  14. ThatOneGuy

A couple ?s

First question Does anyone know if a first gen clutch master cylinder has the ability to properly actuate the slave cylinder of an m50d, or do I need to use the 93 master cylinder. Second question I am going to be swaping in an 8.8 l.s. disk brake axle. If I were to use a 98 expo brake...
  15. ThatOneGuy

Intake worries

So I've been cleaning up some engine parts for the 4.0 today which has not been an easy task one of the nastiest engines I've ever torn down so much sludge everwhere. Any way once I got the intake 99% clean I started going over the sealing surfaces. The p.o. must have owned stock in permatex it...
  16. ThatOneGuy

Lifters

I just had oreillys order in some new lifters for the 4.0. And ouch on the pocket book what do you guys think about reusing lifters, especially high mileage ones, I know supposedly they cab be disassembled and cleaned, but is that enough also a few were missing the little cups at the top and...
  17. ThatOneGuy

Head bolts

What brand would you guys go with. I know everyone says arp but what about Mahale or felpro
  18. ThatOneGuy

Speedo question

Yesterday I test fitted the 4.0 cluster into the 83. While doing this I noticed I'd have to reroute the cable since the 4.0 cluster speed guage is in the center not the right side like the 83 cluster. Well its going to be too short, does anyone know where to find an extension it only needs to...
  19. ThatOneGuy

Found! Wanted like new 90tm heads (pair)

Found out the heads I took to the machine shop were both bad, need a ser of like new 90tm 4.0 heads
  20. ThatOneGuy

Guage cluster

So ill be putting the 91 expo. Cluster into my 83 once the 4.0 is in and I'm wondering if there is any way to wind it back to zero, so it can start anew.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad