• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. STPL

Why cant I find a 2.3l replacement pass side exhaust manifold?

1994 2.3l 5spd XLT. I had to replace the entire exhaust system last year from the down pipe to the muffler, which went off without a hitch except for the studs on the exhaust manifold snapped off. I ended up drilling them out and throwing some bolts in there, but it just wont seal correctly and...
  2. STPL

Three Letter Word Forum Search Problems

I was wondering if there was a reason for or a work around to searching for three letter words on the forums. Whenever I want to search for a MAF issue it wont search for MAF and the error I get is "The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too...
  3. STPL

Removed Passenger Side Radius Arm and I-Beam to Replace Bushings, Cannot Figure Out How To Re-Install

The radius arm and axel pivot bushings were in need of replacement so I dropped the whole passengers side radius arm and I beam for better access to press the old bushing and sleeve out and replace it with MOOG bushings. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to angle the whole assembly back...
  4. STPL

94 2.3l rough idle when warm, worse after new radiator. Possibly mass air flow sensor?

Hi all! Looking for some opinions on where to start here. This truck has always had a coolant temp issue, it barely registers 1/8 of the way up the gauge when hot. I read a few threads about the engine running on the colder side of the gauge so I didn't consider it an issue. Slowly, it seems the...
  5. STPL

Tie Rod Ends Repeatedly Failing

1994 2WD 2.3l Supercab. I replaced all inner and outer tierod ends with MOOG parts less than a year ago and now I can move the right inner/outer tie rods by hand and I get a lot of clunking driving over sharp bumps. This is the second time in two years I've had to replace the tierod ends, the...
  6. STPL

Looking to improve ride quality with shocks

1994 2.3l 2WD 5spd supercab 110k on the dash. When I got this truck I upgraded from 14" wheels with 185/70R14 size tires on them to 15" wheels and now I'm running 235/75/15s. I also replaced the shocks with an "economy" set from rockauto...
  7. STPL

Bouncy Shifter When Hitting Bumps

1994 2.3l XLT SuperCab 5spd. When the transmission is in gear and I hit a decent sized bump on the highway, I see that my shifter flops around more than it normally does. I understand these old trucks can have a lot of play in the shifter, but it feels normal and tight when cruising in gear and...
  8. STPL

Noisy engine surging when in low gear.

1994 2.3l XLT extended cab 5spd. Whenever I put my foot down and get up to the top end of first or second, then let my foot off the gas while still in gear, it feels like the motor 'bounces' noisily one or two times. Think of engine braking when you're in a low gear at a high RPM. Not like when...
  9. STPL

6x8 common junkyard replacement speakers

No where on the internet can I find a reverse look up on "car by speaker size". I'm looking to upgrade the blown out paper speakers on my 94 2.3l and the junkyard is having a 5$ each special on speakers. Besides rangers, what are other cars I can search for either a decent set of OEM speakers or...
  10. STPL

1994 2.3l crank shaft position sensor removal

Got a “cylinder ID circuit failure” code from a CEL and decided to swap out the crank shaft position sensor because the wires are frayed and possibly causing intermittent problems. I got the fan, shroud, timing belt cover off and everything else that’s in the way. There is no way the plug on the...
  11. STPL

1994 2.3l XLT SuperCab 2WD Restoration

This is the story of my 1994 Ford Ranger. This was my good friends Grandfather's truck that he purchased new from the dealership in late '94. He gave it to my friend when he was in high school as a first vehicle to drive around town and to get back and forth from school/work. 5 or 6 years ago...
  12. STPL

Acceptable amount of play in tie rods [VIDEO]

What's the acceptable amount of play allowed in the tie rods/tie rod ends? I just removed, rebuilt and replaced my steering box and changed out both tie rod ends connecting to either wheel. Now when I grab the long tie rod running from the pitman arm to the passengers side tie rod end and twist...
  13. STPL

Power Steering Leak, Rebuild or Replace

I have a very slow leak coming from the bottom of my steering box (pitman arm seal?), the power steering still works fine but I would like to stop the leak. I don't know wether I want to drop the 100-150$ on a new steering box that I can just swap in, or if i can get away with replacing the...
  14. STPL

Will 14" centercaps fit on a 15" wheel?

I'm fixing up a 94 2WD Supercab this summer. Heres a pretty basic question that I just cant find a solid answer for. I'm looking to upgrade my 14" wheels for some 15"s. I found a set of four 15" deer hoofs on craigslist for 100$, but they don't come with centercaps. Can I swap the centercaps...
  15. STPL

Are my rear fenders too rusty for repair?

The rear fenders are looking pretty worse for wear on this truck. I'm assuming theres more rust under the paint and I have a feeling I'm going to be losing most, if not all of the fender bulge. Being from the north east I know I can never stop the rust completely, but I would at least like to...
  16. STPL

Correct position of the engine wiring harness and throttle cable assembly

Today I got the engine of my 2.3l 1994 2WD 5spd out of the garage and back into the truck. Im having a couple difficulties positioning everything back into the engine bay. Does a diagram, set of pictures or guide exist showing the position of the wiring harness? I'm having trouble figuring out...
  17. STPL

Cheapest way to get an exhaust system

The exhaust system of my 94 2.3l ranger is completely shot. The down pipe banjo bolts are one solid piece of rusted metal with the manifold flange and I had to cut the bolts to get it separated. I think I can save the manifold by drilling out the bolt holes in the manifold flange but the rest of...
  18. STPL

What can you tell about my engine condition from this waterpump?

This truck has sat for a few years before I got my hands on it and when I drained the coolant it was a rust brown and smelled terrible. I flushed the radiator, coolant pipes and the motor itself to try to get as much of the garbage out as possible. This is what the inside of the waterpump looks...
  19. STPL

Removing timing belt while motor is removed

Is there a way to remove the timing belt while the motor is out of the truck? There isn't anything to stop the crankshaft pulley from turning since the motor is disconnected from the transmission. I would like to get this done while the motor is out, but the only option I see is to put the new...
  20. STPL

Brake Line Fitting Seized Onto Rear Backing Plate

I'm in the process of running all new brake lines and I can't get the brake line fitting out of the backing plate. Everything's pretty rusty and I can't get it to un screw. Is it possible/worth it to replace the backing plates? How would I go about replacing those? I tried to get it off with a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad