• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rico's chopped II

Your post just popped up and it reminds me I need to get back to work! https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/chopped-top-b2-on-wagoneer-chassis.200373/
  2. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

zeak?
  3. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

Sandman, that was a good overview, thanks. I'm always in favor of a bit over overkill so a 12K winch seems right for me :-)
  4. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

I want to use a Rhino type lining on the bottom rocker panels, there are several different brands. Does anyone have experience between the different brands?
  5. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

So I temporarily bolted my trailer winch to the front bumper to load it on the tow dolly. I need to buy a dedicated winch for it, any recommendations?
  6. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

Windshield is in...
  7. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

Have you ever been building brake lines and forget to put the nut on the end before double flaring the line? Yeah, me neither.
  8. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

And closer still...
  9. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

Getting closer...
  10. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

This is the new transmission cross member. Each side sticks out real far right now as I'm considering using it to also support side steps. If that idea later sucks I'll cut them down.
  11. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

Yes, that is a 229 T-case. Is there something I should know about clocking it down? Am I going to have lubrication problems?
  12. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

I also installed a clocking ring to rotate the transfer case down a bit... right into the transmission cross-brace. So I had to discard the old one and make a new one that sits lower with a higher perch.
  13. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

I now need to address the front drive shaft issue. It's too short now. I'm thinking of just buying a longer slip yoke. The oem piece is 7" long. I haven't found a shop that sells longer ones, anyone know of where I can order one?
  14. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

The exhaust down tubes had those crappy crushed bends and I couldn't stand looking at them so I cut them out and welded in mandrel bends...
  15. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

Thanks for the Jegs tip, I'll probably buy their kit then expand from that.
  16. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

So I can build my own roll cage or hit the easy button and order one... does anyone have any suggestions?
  17. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

I had watched some videos where the underbodies of a Porsche, an Audi and an old Ranger were dry ice blasted and I was impressed. Those cars had a lot of grime and crud that didn't wash off in the video but came right off with the dry ice blasting so I was excited to have it done. Not even half...
  18. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

If anyone has any specific questions I'd be happy to answer.
  19. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

Another view coming home.
  20. Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

Muffler is 3" in, two 2.5" out. A new 3" CAT was installed too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad