• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. How to build a 4.0 OHV for power, some limits and tips...

Also, my mechanic says the main bearing bolts on my 96 4.0L (out of a Ranger) don't have the long studs that project through the SOHC oil pan. He says the long bolts are pressed in. Is this correct? If so, what would you suggest to make it so I can use the SOHC oil pan on the 96 motor.
  2. 1992 explorer a4ld into 87 b2

I did a 4.oL OHV swap into an 84 BII that had a 2.8L. Fit without any problems. Now I have a 89 BII an am trying to swap in a 96 Ranger 4.0L OHV and the oil pan sits on the frame cross member and sits above the motor mounts by about 2 inches. I can't figure out why. I hope you don't run into...
  3. 4.0L OHV oil pan won't fit

CORRECTION. The long studs holes are for the main bearing at the FRONT of the oil pan.
  4. 4.0L OHV oil pan won't fit

I really don’t understand why I am having this problem. I put an early 90’s 4.0L OHV into a 84 BII (from an Explorer) in that BII without any fitment challenges (2.8L original engine). The 96 4.0L out of a Ranger with a stock oil pan lacks roughly 2-21/2in of clearance on the bottom. Are there...
  5. 4.0L OHV oil pan won't fit

First of all, big thanks for the id of the oil pan. So, maybe the block on the blown motor was a SOHC block? My mechanic says he would not be able to use such an oil pan on the 96 block (replacement motor) because there would be two holes that would be open because the bearing caps on the 96...
  6. 4.0L OHV oil pan won't fit

I don’t think it’s a pan from a SOHC 4.0L. The main bearing studs come through the cast aluminum pan and there is a small plate that is removable. Never have seen such a setup.
  7. How to build a 4.0 OHV for power, some limits and tips...

When you swap in an SOHC oil pan do you need to swap in a different oil pickup too?
  8. 4.0L OHV oil pan won't fit

Replacing a 4.0L OHV from a 96 Ranger into my 89 Bronco II 4x4. This is replacing a 4.0L OHV that has a two piece oil pan from an Explorer, year unknown as I did not do the original conversion. My mechanic says the frame cross member is in the way for the motor to drop down onto the motor...
  9. M5OD-1 clutch mismatch problem

I got an 1989 Bronco II that had been given an upgrade to a 4.0L matted to a M5OD-1 4x4 trans with manual shift. There was a noise that sounded like the front driveshaft hitting the cross member on mild acceleration. I had the unit removed and it was discovered the transfer case "u-joint" had...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad