• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. sumncguy

What size fan in a 92 Ranger 4.0l

Just got mine. Also did the two sensors, water pump, water pump pulley which was hard to find. Did this part of the install on Saturday. Will do the fan install after work. Ill take it slow. What I dont like is the 2 options for the fan to monitor the temp. Should be a ring connector on the...
  2. sumncguy

Need a 92 Ranger 4.0l Water Pump Pulley ..

I needed to dig in to the cooling system while Im in there Im replacing the water pump. I need a Water pump pulley, mine is scored pretty bad. I know Ford made the 4.0l for some time. Would anyone have an idea as to what models and year that use the identical pulley ?
  3. sumncguy

How was the install ? Pretty easy without much modification ? Direct bolt on ?
  4. sumncguy

The A/C doesnt work anyway .. so Ill probably wire directly to a 12v engaged when the key is turned on. Just have to find something I can use. It does get hot her in NC but Im not in the truck all that much .. as I mentioned .. its my cheap g work horse around the house. I live in the country...
  5. sumncguy

Thanks man !
  6. sumncguy

Ok thanks fellas. Anything has to be better than nothing. I didn't want to tear it apart until the other fan was here.. but its not working anyway. Ok .. biggest that will fit. Most cfms. Their kit comes with. New sensor. On this engine. 4.0l there are 2 just under the throttle body. From...
  7. sumncguy

The 92 I bought a while back had a shotty install of the electric fan. It is no longer turning on. I want to rip out whats there and reinstall a new one. Can anyone tell me what size fan is in there. I tried to measure .. but definitely not accurate. Wanting to by the Champion Cooling fan...
  8. sumncguy

92 Ford Ranger 4.0l auto 4x4 Clutch fan .. which one

How do I know which clutch fan I should get for my engine ? This link mentions a clockwise and/or count clockwise clutch fan. https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1992/ford/ranger/cooling_system/fan_clutch.html Thanks in advance Regards Sum
  9. sumncguy

92 4.0l 4x4 auto hub issue

Ok ... I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
  10. sumncguy

Umm hum .. 4x4 wasnt working since I bought it.
  11. sumncguy

yeah... Auto = automatic transmission .. sorry fellas.
  12. sumncguy

I bought this 92 a few months ago. The 4x4 has never worked. I recently rebuilt much of the front end. I decided while doing that job that a line had to be.drawn in the sand. I knew I might have to open things back up when I decided to look at the 4x4. So .. the problem. If I put the proper...
  13. sumncguy

92 4x4 Axle / Gear Ratios

Thanks I'm going to find out this morning if the tape wheel spin and drive shaft turn count works up front and look for label info. Then put the new hubs on and test 4x4.
  14. sumncguy

92 4x4 Axle / Gear Ratios

During the front end rebuild I did not do the axles because I wasnt sure of the Gear Ratio. So that I could find out about the Gear Ratio, I took the truck to a 4x4 mechanic and had him do the rear end service. I asked if he could check the ratio and let me know what it is. He told me I had...
  15. sumncguy

For Sale 1992 Ranger used Parts off 4x4 4.0l Rear Shaft 8.8/Rear light lenses

I have the two rear axle shafts. Saw that the axle seals were leaking and decided to go ahead and replace bearings, shafts and seals. On a scale from a A to D, where D is the worse Id give them a C. There is some scoring on them where the shaft meets the bearings. But figured a rock crawler...
  16. sumncguy

Need manual hubs

Thanks man !
  17. sumncguy

Need manual hubs

I need hubs one of mine is shot. 4X4 is engaging but one side up front is not. Im looking on the web for manual hubs. In some cases I see something like that make a statement like `4x4 hubs 4.0l manual transmission`, is there a difference between manual and automatic 4x4 hubs ? Looking...
  18. sumncguy

Curious about the real cost of a 6 to 8 swap

Thanks Gaz .. this was pretty much what I was looking for. Based on some of the things Ive read here and on other resources, its a greater expense to go to a V8 then either rebuilding a 4.0 or buying a re-manufactured. .. and althought this truck is turning into a bit of a toy, its real use is...
  19. sumncguy

No prob .. 124 Zippers with all the trimmings. Its an animal ! the only thing I'm not to crazy about is the redshift 468. I wanted more torque while swinging through the gears .. shift point for all gears is about 3000 but things die off quickly around 4500 .. but she'll git up and go ...
  20. sumncguy

Naaa .. cant hurt steel man ! ... was just sayin' ...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad