• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Same song, second verse.

So, I made the hugely expensive mistake of pulling the front half shafts to try and isolate a front vibration before asking here. DON'T DO IT! So, back to isolating the front drive line. The front drive shaft just unbolts from the front differential. That raises two questions. Am I going to...
  2. 4x4 without front axles

2003 4x4 FX4 4.0 Have a front differential problem. Is there any reason I can't pull the half shafts and run without them for a while? Need to make a road trip +/- 650 miles round trip.
  3. Seat exchange list

I've seen a few posts talking about a list or table somewhere that lists the interchange of seats for various years. Could somebody direct me or post a link? If it's here somewhere, my search techniques are bad enough that I can't find it. I'm want to get the high back one piece buckets out of...
  4. Radio relocation wires

I'd swear I've seen them, but I'll be damned if I can find them now. Want to relocate the radio to mount my new Garmin. I have the adapter harness that came withe the aftermarket radio I put in a few years ago, so I'm not mystery wire hunting. Basically I need to extend 10 or 12 wires about...
  5. Wiring diagram

A little off topic, but it may cross over. Looking for the wiring diagram for a 2012 edge, specifically the entertainment wiring. Want to add a backup camera I already have to her car, it has the 4.2" display. I downloaded the pin outs of the back of the display and main unit way back when but...
  6. Topper boot.

Have a situation where I may want or even need to put a boot between my cab and topper. This is an above the cab topper with an 8" high nose that sicks out over the Ranger super cab a little over two feet. To the best of my knowledge I have three choices. The inflatable doughnut between the two...
  7. 4x4 -> 2x4 conversion

I have a '03 4.0 4x4 that is having transmission problems, and it's going to be a when not if I have to dump some money into it. But... I have a '98 4x2 that has a good transmission, same ( bad ) motor. Hell, I have a '98 4x2 with a 3.0 to rob from as well. They are both my parts trucks...
  8. For Sale 4 door topper

Have a 4 door topper with roof rack for F150 6.5' bed. all six locks keyed alike with keys, front slider tilts in as a unit. Has a narrow parts / tool tray across the front inside. $450 or trade for an above the cab topper for an '03 Ranger
  9. Rear window slider

How the !*^#$ do you get just the center slider out of the rear window? My current truck has a piece of plexi in it for a slider. Don't ask, I'm not telling. But I have access to another truck that's being parted out, and I can have the slider if I want it, I have to stick my plexi in it's...
  10. Topper insulation

So I may be doing a fair bit of boodocking, and I'd really like to add some insulation to my fiberglass topper. Any suggestions? First thought was to take it off, flip it over, mask the windows, and put a good layer of spray foam in it. Next is to take a few sheets of 1/2" pink foam I have...
  11. Tow Flat usage

Looking to have my 2003 transfer case 4x4 module programmed for tow flat. But the only operation instructions I can find are for the F150 or the Explorer. This is what I've found that seems to apply. Can anyone verify one way or the other? TO SHIFT THE TRANSFER CASE INTO NEUTRAL FOR TOWING...
  12. Colored Keys

About five years ago I bought four chip keys with different colored heads. Solid plastic, not painted or dipped. They were S keys for the '03 Ranger and the '05 F-150. One's been gone quite a while, and I've misplaced the third leaving me with only two of the colored head keys. I've done some...
  13. Easy Fill fuel cap

She has one of these things on her car, and it's a royal PITA. I'm looking at another truck that has one. Is there a reasonable way to replace them with a normal gas cap. I'm not looking forward to twice the 'check engine' events because of vacuum leaks! We live on a gravel road, and the cap /...
  14. 2003 wiring diagram

Searched but could not find... the story of my life. Trying to find a wiring diagram for a 2003 Ranger 4.0 FX4. Specifically the turn, marker, and back up section. Would love more, but that's the part I'm looking for right now.
  15. Somebody near Kansas City

Have an old '98 with a 4.0. I overheated it and parked it several years ago with two cold cylinders. Considering getting it back on the road and am looking for someone in the area that might want to work on it. Prefer some horse trading, but would be willing to pay. I ran a shop several decades...
  16. Are the front bumper mounts strong enough

Needing to flat tow an '03FX4. I'll be pulling it with various big truck via the pintle hitch. The uber the valance bolt ons are WAY to low. Thinking about just pulling the bumper and replace it with some wide channel and add tow tabs. Are the front bumper mount holes strong enough for that, ar...
  17. Bed removal, is it really this easy?

2003 FX4 Need to do some work on the gas tank, the fuel lines, and add some wire front bumper to rear for tow flat tail light. Took a look at a video on all that's involved in dropping the tank. Looked at the bed, and I'm scratching my head, is it really that easy. Six bolts in the bed, the gas...
  18. PCV Valve Location

OK, my search skills SUCK. Did a search and came up with six pages, and I didn't find anything. 2003 4x4 FX4 with a 4.0. Where's the damn PCV valve? I see all sorts of videos on the 3.0, but can't seem to find anything on the ranger 4.0. I know what the valve looks like, the usual thing but...
  19. 2003 4x4 programming

Looking for somebody out there that uses FORScan. I need to enable the neutral in the 4x4 module. I can see the module when it connects and checks the modules, but it doesn't pop up when I go to the programming section. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to run an older version? I've...
  20. Road Speed vibration

So am I barking up the wrong tree? Have 2005 4x4 FX. I have a vibration at highway speeds that is slowly getting worse. When it was in the shop a while back for a fuel pump issue and the mechanic suggested I have the steering looked at. I had a bit of a 'pump whine' but nothing serious...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad