• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. mrkilroy6

1988 Ford Ranger 2.9 With Electric 4x4 won't engage

Hello, I have a 1988 ford ranger with a 2.9, 5 speed, and electronic transfer case. The problem I'm having is that it won't go into four wheel drive. I press the button and I don't hear any clicks or anything and nothing happens. I used both troubleshooting guides in the help section and a...
  2. mrkilroy6

How do you guys like your 2.8?

Currently I have a 2.9 in my ranger but in the future I was thinking about swapping in a 2.8 and going to a carbureted setup. How is the 2.8? I know it has a little less power than the 2.9. How reliable is it as I know the 2.9 has some reliability issues.
  3. mrkilroy6

1988 Ford Ranger 2.9 4x4 Clutch Replacement Y pipe removal necessary?

I'm looking to replace the clutch and slave cylinder on my 1988 Ford Ranger 2.9 with 4x4. Do I need to remove the Y-Pipe to get it out? It looks like trying to get it out may be pretty difficult. In my research I've seen some people say that it needs to be removed and others that say that it...
  4. mrkilroy6

1988 Ranger Won't go into Four Wheel Drive

I have a 1988 2.9 Ranger with the electronic four wheel drive. Yesterday I was pressing the buttons and nothing was happening. I usually have issues where it won't go into four wheel drive when its cold. The relay will click for a little bit and it won't go into four wheel drive. Now it doesn't...
  5. mrkilroy6

1988 Ranger 2.9 STX 4X4 5 Speed Need transmission crossmember

I need to find a crossmember for my transmission but I'm having trouble finding any online. My truck is a 1988 STX with 4X4 and a manual transmission. I'm not sure which one though. Does anybody know where I could find them online? If I need to go to the junk yard which models should I be...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad