• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1996 Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0l -- not able to adjust heat.

When the fan is on I continually get hot air from the vents. Turning the temperature adjustment knob to cool (counter clockwise) does not change the temperature. If I listen carefully when I turn the temperature adjustment knob I can sometimes hear a slight grinding sound....not fan related...
  2. Towbar for 96 Ranger XLT 4X4?

Anybody connected a towbar to their rig? I fab'd a towbar for an old Jeep and it worked great. I have 96 4x4 with the manual trans and manual xfer case/hubs. Is there an easy way to defeat the ignition lock? I was thinking I could leave the key in, disabling the the lock and disconnect the...
  3. pilot bearing install in new flywheel

Quick question: Is it better to install the pilot bearing in the flywheel prior to bolting the flywheel on the crank. Or, bolt up the flywheel and install the pilot bearing. This in on a 96 Ranger 4.0L, MDO5. My preference would be to install the pilot bearing prior to installing the...
  4. Is it necessary to remove transfer case to drop MDO5 transmission?

Gurus -- I have a 96' Ranger XLT 4.0 4x4 with MDO5 manual. I am all set to drop the transmission; everything that needed to be removed is out -- hassle. Anyway, the 'book' says to remove the transfer case and then remove the transmission. But I am thinking I can remove it as a unit and save...
  5. tips on removing M50D transmission from 96 Ranger 4x4 v6, top bolts.

Gurus - I have a 96 Ranger 4x4 v6 4l, with the M50D 5 speed. I am getting close to dropping the transmission (exhaust removed, drive lines removed, shifter etc). Any tips on accessing the two bolts on the top of the bellhousing? So far every bolt that I removed has required a LOT of heat to...
  6. 1996 Ranger 4x4 4.0L M05D 5 speed difficult shift when not moving.

Gurus, I have a difficult time shifting into 1st gear while at a complete stop; roll a little and it will engage. Shifts normal when underway. After doing a bit of research this looks to be a classic case of the clutch not going into full release. The usual suspect being the slave cylinder...
  7. 1996 Ranger XLT 4x4 - brakes, rotors and pads

Time to replace the pads and rotors on my 1996 Ranger 4x4. I have factory manual hubs. Here are the questions for all you gurus: Aside from the brake parts... Are there any seals that I should replace once I have the rotor off and the bearings out? Thanx C -
  8. 1996 Ranger manual hubs - remove question,socket.

I have a 96 Ranger with factory manual hubs. I need to remove the brake rotors. The question: Is the locknut socket (Ford T86T 1197 A ,4 pin) required to remove the hubs? I can't find any definitive information indicating it is required for the 96 model....I suspect it is.
  9. drop fuel tank or remove bed?

I have a 1996 Ranger 4x4 4L manual, short box. I need to gain access to the fuel tank wiring harness to test the sender (my fuel gauge is stuck on full). Once, I have access I suspect I'll replace the sender and fuel pump. My question is: Is it easier to slide back the bed or jackstand the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad