• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. C130MARINE

5.0 into 91 4x4 ZF 5 speed and what transfer case???

dvdswan, I was going to order a 4.56 ratio and guy from yukon gear told me truck would prob constantly downshhift everytime 18 wheeler passed me....wouldnt be big enough for 4.0 to turn tall tires. I listened. Only shitty thing is i cant really go faster than 62mph without the motor screaming...
  2. C130MARINE

Thank you for the idea. If i can stay married and not have to cut frame, i will. But again, its an option and thank you!!
  3. C130MARINE

Mike, the trucks has had those gears n it since 2005. Yes, if the truck was spinning the tires and it suddenly hooked, with 37.5" rubber It prob would wring the axle off. Knowing that.. I avoid churning the tires. But dude I was asking about a transmission transfer case combo. You have a 2wd...
  4. C130MARINE

dvdswan, I was asking because ford has several full size T cases. For example the 1356 I was told you have to notch the frame. Now the reason for the blower motor, Because i built it orig as a low rpm tq motor for a foxbody. But instead im going with my 427 windsor stroker in that car. So this...
  5. C130MARINE

Good Afternoon Gents, Im going to swap in a 5.0 with B&M174 roots blower in my 91 4x4 ranger. It will produce 475-500 ft lbs of tq. Was thinking ZF 5 speed (dont feel like paying $1,300 for trans controller if using an auto with overdrive). What transfer cases do you recommend? Pros and...
  6. C130MARINE

heads, lifters, pushrods, shaft style rocker arms

Hello Gents, Okay here is my situation. I have a 91 STX 4x4 with 4.0 OHV truck has sat a 1 1/2 yrs now. Parked it because lower intake was leaking. Building a nasty 347 swap. Okay well now i need this truck to be my daily for a few months. I tear her down only to find collapsed intake lifter...
  7. C130MARINE

position dana 35.....

Gents, im in a bit of a jam. I really could use some guidance. Okay I have a 91 Ranger ext cab STX I put a lot of lift on the truck. I ground down all the factory rivits and installed all the new brackets. Then reassembled everything. Now, I also extended the radius arms. not being a real "4...
  8. C130MARINE

what in tank pump to use

Hey Gents, I have a 91 stx 4x4 with a 4.0 Here is the dea. Putting together all the pieces to do my .0 conversion. Well in the meanwhile my stock fuel pump is starting to show signs of dying. Before it goes I would like to just switch it out with a new unit. Since I was going to go with a v-8...
  9. C130MARINE

skyjacker setup

Hey whats up, I have a 91 ext cab with 6" kit and use 8" coils. I also have a 1" spacer. I am running 37 Goodyear mtr's. I also am running 5:13's With a 4.0 at 3,000 rpm I am doing right about 64 mph. So if you want pics....let me know Dale
  10. C130MARINE

moving coil bucket

Hey has anyone moved thier coil buckets? any advice.....
  11. C130MARINE

cut and turn

Hey whats up? I got done doing a 3"cut and turn on my 1991 dana 35. It all worked out great. Truck has 8" skyjacker coils and a 1 inch spacer under the spring...and it aligned with no trouble using a 4" drop bracket. My question is the front right side shaft that goes from the differential to...
  12. C130MARINE

pushing around a wide tire width

Hey Gents, how is everyone? I am looking to get rid of my 35x12.50x15 tires and goto something like 37 or 38 inch tall tires. Problem is they only seem to make them 15.50 inches wide in a mickey thompson mtz radial or radial baja claws. I know with the 5.0 and my 5.13 gears i should have no...
  13. C130MARINE

Options using T-5 or auto

Heyllo Gents, I have a 1991 Ranger STX that I am shoehorning a 5.0 into...i would like to use the t-5 tranny along with it. I just think a 5 speed would be fun. So obviously i need to go with a divorced t-case. I was talking to a guy on the west coast that was going to sell me a dana 24,. Can...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad