• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. BRUTUS_T_HOG

It just won't stop snowing!

So we have over 1' of snow here now and its still pouring down snow. It will probably snow for the next 2 days and I can't afford to keep missing work :annoyed: Last night I made it up our extremely steep driveway with my 2wd open diff, the chains were clawing their way into the ice to get a...
  2. BRUTUS_T_HOG

Need some help from the laptop techs.

I have an Acer aspire one d255e that won't boot. a while ago i replaced a cracked screen and have had the connector of the screen come loose a couple times. today it happened after my wife used it and i told her i'd fix it when i got home. i get home and check it out, started by popping the...
  3. BRUTUS_T_HOG

How to: Fix intermittent charging from alternators with separate stator wire

Original Poster: BRUTUS_T_HOG Difficulty: 1 out of 10 Time to install: 5 Minutes Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing this modification and following this how-to...
  4. BRUTUS_T_HOG

Any plumbers/experts?

i need some help setting up a washer in my new house. the room is a laundry room converted to an office.. i need to convert it back i myself think the drain pipe is too low and it obviously doesn't have a trap on it because i unscrewed the end cap to the drain and HOOOOLY CRAP.. literally i...
  5. BRUTUS_T_HOG

If you had your ranger worked on in Warrenton yesterday.

if you look under the hood you'll probably find my flex handle ratchet and 15mm socket :temper: i love losing tools. :annoyed:
  6. BRUTUS_T_HOG

Why...

..is the chat room ALWAYS dead? Lately work has been slow and boring, I stand around on my computer almost all day and have nothing to do(not getting paid to do so btw). So i'm like oh gee maybe there is someone to talk to on TRS. nope.
  7. BRUTUS_T_HOG

I need ideas! 150gal of free fuel....with a catch

I have access to a few 55gal barrels of misfuel gasoline with unkown amounts of diesel mixed in it. basically a gas station tows a truck into our shop after filling a diesel with gasoline and we pump it into the drums and do nothing with it. we've run this stuff in the shop vehicles before. at...
  8. BRUTUS_T_HOG

Warning about Redbox DVD's

I get redbox movies all the time. I just got one that literally almost rattled my xbox to pieces because the label on the center was off center by 1/32" I recommend checking these labels for being centered before you put it in your expensive equipment:icon_thumby:
  9. BRUTUS_T_HOG

Not your average clutch NIGHTMARE

97 ranger 3.0L 5spd 4wd. 165k miles going on 26 working hours on this thing trying to get the clutch working properly after replacing the clutch kit and slave cylinder. it is driving me CRAZY i think i can say i've tried almost every bleed technique except reverse injection. bench bled the...
  10. BRUTUS_T_HOG

How to: Replace front/rear pinion seal

Original Poster: BRUTUS_T_HOG Difficulty: 2 out of 10 Time to install: 30 MINUTES Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing this modification and following this how-to...
  11. BRUTUS_T_HOG

radius arm bushings - that was fun!

got new tires yesterday, today i replaced front brake rotors, wheel bearings, pads and radius arm bushings. MAJOR improvement in ride quality from the radius arm bushings. i used to get beat up over bumps and now its extremely smooth if your bushings are rotten and worn out i recommend you...
  12. BRUTUS_T_HOG

weak wiper arm springs-fix

i was extremely tired of having my wipers flutter and flap everytime i turned them on.. it was also causing severe visibility problems. so i decided to put some brake springs to good use works amazing now
  13. BRUTUS_T_HOG

Essential fan clutch tool

BZZZZZZTTT and its off. no holding tool required. this came in a case with a lot of different sizes. i borrowed it from a guy and he told me he got it at a tool sale for $100
  14. BRUTUS_T_HOG

what is this part?

about 5 years ago when i got my ranger i found this wire sitting on the floor and stashed it in the glove box. today i found it and im still curious. it looks like a switch... possibly for the glove box light is the ONLY thing i can think ok, everything else seems to work. there is scrape...
  15. BRUTUS_T_HOG

question about possible a/c machine contamination

today i was recovering refrigerant from a car and the machine was in the clear lines phase and the moister indicator started filling up with some white milky looking stuff. it seems to be liquid. i shut the valves off and stopped before it started recovering, but i looked at the flow diagram for...
  16. BRUTUS_T_HOG

Broke, Stuck, and ****ed Recovery Team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zW2b_N9M5U great driving, trucks, and recoveries. i know its a chevy but its a nice set up
  17. BRUTUS_T_HOG

lower back pain

so who else has back pain? the kind that is sharp and unpredictable and that will take you to the ground... i have disc problems in my lower back that are currently stopping almost stopping me from walking. but i can't afford to miss work so i've been suffering the last few days, i work as a...
  18. BRUTUS_T_HOG

need help locating a part

89 ranger with no cruise control and no tilt steering column. my horn only works when i turn the wheel to the right.. and there is some contacts called a "horn brush" that are worn out. i can't seem to find these ANYWHERE. if anyone knows that im talking about and where to get it i'd...
  19. BRUTUS_T_HOG

2002 Jeep 4.0L lifter tick

this sounded exactly like a lifter... even killing cylinders one by one didn't make the noise change so this noise was very misleading. it only did it just off an idle and nothing higher so.. if you ever have a 4.0L jeep with a tick/knock that you can't find, just put a stethoscope on the side...
  20. BRUTUS_T_HOG

some ranger carnage this time.

a girl hit a parked car with just her right tire. it ripped the bead off the rim (tore the metal not the tire) broke the control arm, caliper, ripped brake line among other things. these are the only pics i got on my way out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad