• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Stupid Question

Since moving to Florida I've watched the sun wreak havoc on the paint of my 1983 Ranger and the topper on my newer Dodge. Some areas of the Ranger have what looks like clearcoat peeling in places. Others are just dull looking. The topper has peeling clearcoat, but is still shiny when cleaned...
  2. 2001 Ramcharger

https://www.autoblog.com/2024/01/16/junkyard-gem-2001-dodge-ramcharger/ I never knew they made these in the 2nd gen body style. Too bad they were only made in Mexico; I'd imagine now one could be imported. Would be really cool to put a CTD in it!
  3. Ford GAA 18L Gas V8

Went down a rabbit hole reading some Junkyard Gems today and came across this engine. They were used to power Sherman tanks. 500hp/1,050 lb-ft. torque, and only half-again as heavy as my IDI. Maybe I can drop one into the F250? 😁 Facebook video of one running on a test stand below...
  4. Favorite Holiday Movies

Another forum I'm on has a thread going for favorite holiday movies. It’s a fun discussion. My two are probably A Christmas Story, a classic, and Hogfather, maybe a bit more obscure at least here in the states. What are some your go-to movies for the holiday season?
  5. Dirtbike Question

I've been trying to create an account on a dirtbike site but couldn't get it to work. So I figured I'd check with the abundance of knowledge available here! The DRZ125 I got for my son smokes pretty bad, so I figured it needed a new set of rings. We tore the top end down and found the...
  6. Howdy Goes to Town

I saw this in another forum today. The versatile Panther platform on display! https://www.yahoo.com/news/car-giant-bull-named-howdy-164654540.html
  7. Ram Classic

A work acquaintance is looking into buying a new truck. He was messing with the build tools on different mfgr websites and I noticed you can still spec a "Classic" version of the Ram 1500. They look just like the 4th gen to me. The 5th gen came out in 2019 I think and it seems weird that...
  8. Sticky Caliper

Today my driver front brake caliper stuck after a stoplight. It freed up after a few snacks on the pedal and I was thankfully able to get home relying on planning my stops well in advance, downshifting, and a very light pedal touch. It looks to me like one of the pistons is sticking and the...
  9. Off-Road Adventure

In my boat, so technically off-road My son and I took a day trip to the Ten-Thousand Islands, a bunch of tiny little mangrove islands in SW Florida. It's really a cool place that's only accessible by boat and very easy to get lost in as everything starts too look the same. The area is quite...
  10. Plasma Cutting Aluminum

Does anyone have experience plasma cutting aluminum? I'm installing hurricane protection panels on my house and got a bunch of used panels off Craigslist from someone who replaced their windows with impact-rated. I planned to cut them with a cut-off wheel but found out they are aluminum...
  11. A/C High Side Service Port Leak

I had no AC in my 94 F250 today and noticed oily residue around the high side port. I haven’t driven it in a month or so but it worked fine then. After confirming all the refrigerant is gone with a gauge or getting it recovered if it isn’t, can I just replace that component or do I need to...
  12. 1976 O'Day Daysailer II Sailboat

A boat counts as "other vehicles" right? A few years ago we bought an O'Day Daysailer II sailboat. It's ~17ft. long and uses a sloop rig, so one mainsail and one jib. The hull was originally designed by an Englishman in the 50's and has a small cuddy cabin that apparently can be slept in...
  13. 2.3L ('83-'97) Camshaft Sprocket

Does anyone know of the auxiliary and camshaft sprockets are the same on the 2.3? My camshaft sprocket jumped a tooth last week. It’s the second time it’s done this and I wonder if the sprocket is worn. I saw an ad on eBay that says it’s a camshaft auxiliary sprocket but wasn’t sure if they are...
  14. FL Vehicle Registration

I was wondering what the process is for registering a vehicle in Florida. I'm moving, and need to get all my vehicles, trailers, boat, etc. transferred over. I know when I went to ND from MN it took several trips to the DMV before I had the right combo of forms, documentation, and clerk for...
  15. Roaches

As part of my Florida experience, I saw a cockroach inside my pickup this morning. It's the first one I've seen in there in the month or so I've been here. Maybe I'll eventually reach the level of calm regarding cockroaches that everybody else seems to have here, but for now I'm seriously...
  16. 1989 Bronco II Baxter, MN

Saw this during my lunch break browse today. Craigslist Ad Link https://brainerd.craigslist.org/cto/d/baxter-bronco-ii-for-sale/7478362601.html
  17. Vehicle Inventory Survey

I received a couple of semi-threatening letters from the census bureau about a vehicle use survey I'm supposed to take. It says the law requires my response. Some research shows its a survey of only truck owners. Has anyone else seen one of these in their mailbox?
  18. Ocala, FL

I'm looking at a job prospect in Ocala, FL. Does anyone have anything to say, good, bad or otherwise, about the area? I live in North Dakota presently, next to a city of about 55,000. I like that there's not a lot of people around outside of that, but there's also not much to do as it's...
  19. Maverick

I know there’s a separate forum for the maverick but I didn’t want to create an account for one question. Has anyone ordered one? If so, how long has it taken to get it? My wife is interested in one and was told over a year by a dealer.
  20. Push Starting a Newer Car

I have a 2014 Fiesta with a manual trans that the starter went out on. Is it possible to pus/roll start a newer car? Last time we tried, with this same car, it didn’t work. But it was colder than the ninth circle of hell and we didn’t try all that hard. I’d like to move it into a warm garage to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad