• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1988 Ford Bronco II 2.9L Automatic with 4WD.

Could be that the new ignition module is faulty.
  2. 89 Bronco II Fuel Filler Neck

The one I ordered from eBay (link in previous comment) had to be cut down too. Ended up reusing the old inner hose and neck, and cut down the new outer hose to fit. The inner was in decent shape, the outer was the cracked one and leaking.
  3. 89 Bronco II Fuel Filler Neck

Just looked and it doesn't seem like they have one. I'll try my luck on eBay and hope it's right or at least right enough I can make it fit. Appreciate the help.
  4. 89 Bronco II Fuel Filler Neck

Yeah I've seen them several places too, just never know what's actually gonna show up at your doorstep. Broncograveyard has some for an 89 ranger. Do you know if they're the same or close enough?
  5. 89 Bronco II Fuel Filler Neck

Cool. You replacing yours too? Where you getting the new one from?
  6. 89 Bronco II Fuel Filler Neck

Looking to replace my leaking fuel filler neck, just wanna make sure this is the right one. Thanks. https://www.ebay.com/itm/313869138188?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=_koCId5OSOe&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Dz59_OnlSW2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
  7. 2.9L heads or scrap it all?

I can't find anything about "maxperformance" cylinder heads... Did you mean "promaxx performance" by chance? I got a pair of those for about $500 with valvetrain installed when I cracked a head last year from running it hot (thermostat stuck closed). They fit great and it's been a year with no...
  8. Heater hose routing?

Very interesting Ron... I actually never thought about it that way. I appreciate the help sir.
  9. Heater hose routing?

I disconnected the two heater hoses and didn't mark which one went where... I'm dumb. The one off the water pump goes to which side? One off the intake manifold goes to which side? Thanks.
  10. 89+ Heads 88- Block

You can use the newer style heads on an older block just fine. I have an 89 and had to pull the heads about a year ago and, come to find out, had an old style on the passenger side and a new style on the drivers side.
  11. Hello from PNW

You sure it's 109k? If the last digit is a different color it's 1/10th of a mile. These RBVs had a 5-digit odometer. Truck looks really clean so it honestly wouldn't surprise me if it's only 109k despite the age.
  12. Original Owner 1988 Ford Ranger Custom 2.9L Automatic

I've never done one but from what I hear it's definitely worth it to swap in a 302 and if you're looking for something a little more involved a 351. Personally if I was gonna do it I'd get an EFI 302. Don't have much love for carbs.
  13. Sputtering under load

I'd check spark plugs and wires before messing with anything else. It's usually the stupid little things that everybody thinks aren't the problem that turn out to be.
  14. Ford Ranger XLT 2.9L

First thing to check is the fuse for the pump. Located in the fuse box under the hood on the passenger side.
  15. 1988 Ranger Restoration - Keeping a Promise

Get a giant c-clip and grind it to a ring, should hold up fine. If you're too worried, just jb weld it into the piston groove.
  16. Rear differential making noise... sometimes

Have you checked the brakes? Spring might've popped loose. Otherwise I'd say pull the wheel off and spin the hub by itself, bearing could be going out and it gets mad when the weight of tires are drooping down.
  17. fuel pressure low

Copied straight from the tech library. Sounds like you have solid pressure if the 32PSI is with the engine idling. Lean codes could be a number of different things. I'd start with checking for vacuum leaks, as rusty said.
  18. OEM Keyless Entry On a '93

Be honest with you, I don't really have any answers to your questions. I would think the arm/disarm function for the security system locks and unlocks the doors. From what I can gather about the options on the anti-theft system, the arm/disarm could activate a number of things, such as a siren...
  19. OEM Keyless Entry On a '93

I had this same interest a while back but never dove any farther into it than plain research. I wish I'd caught this then because I could've given you a good bit of information. Either way, I was able to dig up a few links that may help you. From what I can recall as far as the compatibility...
  20. 2.9 Promaxx Aftermarket Head Porting

Maybe it only makes sense in my head, I don't know what I'm doing so who knows. Click on the image to get full resolution.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad