• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. neutronranger

2001 5R55E transmission making intermittant horn-type sound - thoughts?

My 2001 4WD (4.0L 6-cylinder) automatic transmission (162,000 miles) has been making an subtle, intermittant, horn-type sound (French horn or trombone) during the last 6 months. I believe it would be a 5R55E transmission. I hear the sound most easily when parked (not in gear) and the engine is...
  2. neutronranger

what are the stock speakers in a 2001 Ranger?

I'm wondering what type of speakers are the stock speakers in a 2001 Ranger? I had the door panels off to repair the door latch linkage and saw a felt-covered speaker in the door. I did not peel the felt back to look. Is it a full-range speaker with a "whizzer cone" like is pictured in this...
  3. neutronranger

front turn signal lens flew off! original adhesive??

When I headed out of the city last night, it was about 92 degrees F. Just west of the city, on the divided, 1-lane portion of the highway, the gray goo holding the lens in place got so warm it loosened and the lens flew off. There was no way I could stop and go get it. So, I just watched it...
  4. neutronranger

recommended private Ranger mechanics in western Minneapolis metro?

It would be nice to know about recommended private mechanics in the western Minneapolis metro area, who are very familiar with Ford Rangers. I'd prefer to avoid going to a Ford dealer for every little thing that goes wrong. In my experience, private mechanics who are familiar with a...
  5. neutronranger

2001 drivers-side door latch just broke, advice requested

About a week ago, I tried to open my driver's side door and nothing happened when I pulled the inside handle. So, I've been opening the window and opening with the exterior handle. It works, but it's awkward. Is it easy to get to the broken part of the door latch mechanism? Is it easy to...
  6. neutronranger

2001 Ranger key very worn - replacement?

I've done a little searching on the General forum and didn't find any posts with the answer... How do you get a replacement key when your original keys are badly worn? Do I have to go to a Ford dealer and pay a lot of $$? Or is there a 3rd party that can create the key from the VIN number or...
  7. neutronranger

AM radio buzz, but only when moving

I just got a used 2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4. I drove it several weekends ago and noted that there was a buzzing noise in the AM radio, but ONLY while the truck was moving. The frequency of the buzz followed the speed of the wheels, not the speed of the engine. I checked to be sure the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad