• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0 SOHC coolant loss

It is going to be somebody elses problem pretty soon. It is a beautiful 2011 Sport 4wd. Want to buy it?
  2. 4.0 SOHC coolant loss

I can see the entire water pump, no leaks there or the hoses.
  3. 4.0 SOHC coolant loss

Well, I never could pin point the leak. Definitely not the thermostat housing. It looked like it was coming from the front corner of the right head. Too much stuff in the way to pinpoint exactly. When it would get hot there would be a steady dripping coming down the right side of the block. And...
  4. 4.0 SOHC coolant loss

Thank you, I will study this and make a decision.
  5. 4.0 SOHC coolant loss

Yep, I sure have for 20 minutes with the engine running and warm. Not a drop.
  6. 4.0 SOHC coolant loss

It is dry as a bone in there. Saw a wet spot on the seam where the 2 halves go together but no leak.
  7. 4.0 SOHC coolant loss

2011 Ranger, 4.0 engine. I am loosing coolant with no external leaks. No evidence of coolant in the oil. Not smoking. Maybe 50 miles I lose about a quart. There is a lot of condensation coming from the muffler weep hole but it is pure water, no green. I don't have a radiator pressure tester so I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad