• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2Krngr

abandoned explorer sport

Escapes were as mundane as Ford gets anyway. Just let it go to sleep naturally in the crusher. :)
  2. 2Krngr

2006 FX Level II 5.0L AWD swap, and the lessons I'm currently learning during this project...

There isn't anything special to do there for the cluster, just match up the functions. And yes there will be a couple unused wires. The ford engine sensors are all the same type of signals they have always used, nothing changed on the engines and the new style clusters just read the same...
  3. 2Krngr

2006 FX Level II 5.0L AWD swap, and the lessons I'm currently learning during this project...

Just an update to the PCM protection Diode, I do not recommend adding this Diode that I had prevously done in the quoted post below (and shown in the top right of the quoted picture). Because I have since discovered that the Smart Junction Box (passenger kickpanel) has a relay and diode on the...
  4. 2Krngr

The full explanation of the wiring is here in post #21 https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/2006-fx-level-ii-5-0l-awd-swap-and-the-lessons-im-currently-learning-during-this-project.198323/post-1921634 The wire colors are on the spreadsheet in post #12...
  5. 2Krngr

Some ways the PATS can be eliminated is with an SCT x4, a Quarterhorse, or simple ECU Reflashing, and there are also usually plenty of sellers with them on ebay flashed ecus.
  6. 2Krngr

Here are actual comparison pictures of the Torque Monster, Ford Motorsport, and OBX Headers.

Please do try some more options if you can and post up the fitment quirks. Hopefully someday someone out there that can find something fits with some reasonable modifications. I've read some posts on various forums about some other brands that 'may' fit, but of course never any pictures. The...
  7. 2Krngr

Here are actual comparison pictures of the Torque Monster, Ford Motorsport, and OBX Headers.

Sorry, no intentions to tease. Obviously it's rare to see all three in the same place and I found the collectors interesting having never seen comparisons inside, so I figured people may appreciate some photos. I wouldn't say they are unobtanium, I mean I have been able to find them. But I am...
  8. 2Krngr

Unfortunately none of them. Torque Monster doesn't respond to any inquires, Ford was discontinued over 15 years ago, and although OBX does respond, they say they have no eta on continued production. There are alot of opinions on which to get, and which are better etc, but it's dry out there, I...
  9. 2Krngr

Correct, from pics I've seen there seem to be a few different versions or revisions of the Torque Monsters, I feel like I've seen maybe 3 different versions of them. It would be interesting to more pics of other Torque Monsters out there to compare.
  10. 2Krngr

Having the chance to compare all 3 in person, here are a few pics.
  11. 2Krngr

For Sale 02' FX4 Dual Stick Milwaukee WI

Tho I can appreciate that he posted mainly the bad stuff, that most people try to hide.
  12. 2Krngr

For Sale 02' FX4 Dual Stick Milwaukee WI

I've bought a few of these, and would be interested, but what's your price? I know you say send offers, but it's much more helpful for everyone if you would consider giving us some general idea of what your looking to get out of it? thanks!
  13. 2Krngr

Has anyone done the coilover conversion?

Yes I added the sway bar links, lowering the truck so much changed the angle of the stock endlinks so bad it was just smooshing brand new bushings out the side in a few hundred miles. So I welded mounts in a location that relaxed the angle to be straight up/down again. And used balljoint style...
  14. 2Krngr

I have no concerns about these arms. Unless it's some extreme pre-runner jumping machine they are not going to break. I've seen and disassembled some pretty horrific accident trucks that have snapped the cast spindles, but not messed up the lower arms. They are quite robust for the size of the...
  15. 2Krngr

1998-2011 Coilover Brackets Still Available?

When I was building my lowered level II last fall he said that he sent out samples to a couple people to test and no-one ever got back to him on them or installed them so he wasn't interested in pursing making them anymore at that time. I asked to purchase a prototype set and he declined because...
  16. 2Krngr

I have coilovers on my lowered awd Level II, I just made the upper brackets from a piece of box tube, there isn't much to them at all. And for the lowers just a regular shock mount is needed, just weld it to the lower arm. The mounts they sell are nice to be able to bolt-on but come at a very...
  17. 2Krngr

inspecting junk yard leaf springs

I wouldnt worry so much about a clean truck or clean interior. Just because someone may have never washed or vacuumed thier vehicle doesn't mean they hauled lots of weight with it, which is what accelerates leafspring wear. I would look at mileage, bed condition, and if it has a trailer hitch...
  18. 2Krngr

Trakmotive extended CV axles

I have them in my Lowered AWD FX4 LII.. They are stock length but have the ability to slide out a few inches in the center shaft. They have caged bearings on both ends instead of a tri-lobe on the axle side. The sliding shaft is captive so it can't pull out, where as the lateral movement on the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad