• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Driveline? noise after upshift

Well some followup is due here. I finally found that the noise was coming from the transmission. Now here's the dumb part...after my clutch replacement and hurry to get everything back together, I found out I didnt tighten all four screws for the plastic cover plate which covers the hole where...
  2. Driveline? noise after upshift

It is a 4.0. Everything was fine until I replaced the clutch, slave, pilot bearing, flywheel, and throw out bearing. I rechecked the manifold to header pipe bolts and they are tight. This is so baffling. No it isn't pinging or spark knock. The engine purrs like a cat when idling, so quiet...
  3. Driveline? noise after upshift

Yep, I tried that, solid sounding. Also, after the clutch replacement, I made sure both of the driveshafts went back on like they came off. I think in my many experiences of driving stickshifts, I have heard similar sounds when shifting too early, a gravely rattling until the engine picks up...
  4. Driveline? noise after upshift

Have a "marbles in can" rattle (rattle is the best word I can find to use) after upshifting to next gear. Noise tapers off and disappears as rpms increase. Noticeable at all shifts. Kind of like a "lugging" sound. Recently replaced clutch and this noise which used to barely be there is now much...
  5. Well here goes...High Idle woes!

I have a fast idle, about 2k to 2.2k, at startup whether hot or cold, every time. If cold, idle will come down to1500 in about 5 seconds, then within a couple of minutes it will come down to normal IF I roll to a STOP. Thereafter it idles normally. If hot, engine will come down to a normal idle...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad