• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Need help finding a conversion u joint

So I got into a situation where I need to build my parts truck into my daily and one part I need is to figure out the driveshaft, I pulled engine and trans from a single cab 87 and put it into the extended cab parts truck which is also an 87. I found a usable driveshaft in a junkyard but it...
  2. what should compression numbers be on a 2.9l

I just picked up a 1987 ranger 2.9, its missing a few things so i decided to do a compression test before i fixed it up. my results were 120 on 3 cylinders, 115 on one cylinder and 110 on two cylinders. I was wondering if these numbers are ok. I know the general rule is no more than 10%...
  3. Bellhousing and flywheel bolt sizes?

I have a 1987 2.9l ranger that I’m converting from an auto to a manual and the only thing I can’t seems to find are the bell housing and flywheel specs. The transmission in an fm132 that I am swapping in. I got it from a salvage yard with the engine already removed so I could not get these parts...
  4. a4ld to fm132 swap in first gen questions

so i went to the salvage yard to get a transmission and found out once i got home that i pulled a fm132 instead of an m5od like i had wanted. but i think im just going to go ahead and swap the fm132 in since i already paid for it and dont feel like finding another once since it was already hard...
  5. Clutch pedals

I was wondering if a clutch pedal from a 89-92 style ranger will fit in an 87 ranger. I'm trying to do a manual swap in my 87 ranger but the junkyard doesn't have any first gens
  6. 87 2wd a4ld to manual swap questions

I have a 1987 ranger with a 2.9l and the a4ld transmission. Im having a lot of transmission issues and want to swap a manual into it. i have trying to research this but everything i find is for a 4wd and not a 2wd and wanted to know if aside from the transfer case and driveshafts is everything...
  7. 87 ranger XLT lowering questions

I have 1987 ranger XLT with the 2.9L v6 and want to lower the front 2 or 3 inches and I was thinking of just flipping the rear axle and just seeing how far that gets me. Here are my questions. Can I just take the mounts for the leaf springs and just put them on the bottom side of the axle...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad