• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rangerx2

Looking at used Rangers

I'm considering buying a late-model Ranger, preferably with 4x4. I know after 2000 most, if not all 4x4's were equipped with the 4.0 SOHC (a few 4x4 3.0's runnin' around but not many. I'm willing to buy something with up to 150,000 miles. My question is, how durable are the SOHC motors? I've...
  2. Rangerx2

Drove one last week

I finally got the opportunity to drive a new Ranger last week. One of the largest volume dealers in the Pittsburgh area, Shults Ford has a bunch of them between their two locations. So I scheduled an appointment for last Thursday after work and went up drove an entry-level XL Supercab fleet...
  3. Rangerx2

Redneck Motorhome

Alright y'all this starts the build out of a budget camper built on my 2012 F-150 XL 4x4, RC/LB. After weighing all the pro's and con's of a truck tent or a used cap, I decided to buy a cap. I found this Leer aluminum shell on Craigslist for $100, in near perfect condition. It just needs a...
  4. Rangerx2

looking for ideas: cap or tent?

Hi y'all I'm looking for ideas and any tips from the rest of you that have your trucks set up for camping. I've got an 8' F-150 so space is definitely not an issue. I just want to do some occasional camping and trying to decide if I should buy a cap/camper shell, or a truck tent. I'm on a...
  5. Rangerx2

New U.S. market Ford Ranger: thoughts?

Okay so I talked to a Ford salesman yesterday and he confirmed that the Ranger and the Bronco are returning to the American market sometime next year. So this is not simply the automotive press passing along recycled rumors as they are known to do. We've all seen pictures by now of the new...
  6. Rangerx2

Howdy from Steeler Country

Hi everyone, I've kinda been browsing this site for awhile now looking at the tech articles. I figured I'd finally sign up and join. I currently don't own a Ranger now but I've owned 2 in the past. When I was in high school my Dad and I shared a 1986 Ranger with the 2.3/5-speed. That was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad