• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Idle Air Control Valve

I am currently having an issue with my RPMs staying high after throttle and upon startup. At startup, it hits over 2k rpm and then trickles down very slowly and sometimes the rpms stay high after accelerating and coming to a stop. I tested to see if it was a possible vacuum leak by unplugging...
  2. Gauge Swap

I swapped out my original gauge cluster that did not have a tachometer for one out of a 2000 Explorer but the tachometer seems to be stuck at 3k rpm and the speedo is stuck at 30mph. It is currently in a '99 XLT with 2WABS, RWD, Manual transmission. Is this gauge cluster going to work with a...
  3. Switch to Motorcraft new POAT coolant?

Ford released a new coolant awhile ago and it seems that it has many great benefits over the green (IAT), orange (OAT), and gold (HOAT) coolant. I'm currently rebuilding/restoring my 1999 Ranger XLT with the 3.0L V6 with a new motor and cooling system parts. I want to get away from the old green...
  4. P0500 code + ABS

'99 XLT with 2WABS, RWD, check engine light is on with occasional ABS. Speedometer still works but code is for vehicle speed sensor input. The ABS tone ring is fine, the wires all traced through leading to the PCM are not damaged, but after looking through some diagrams, it looks like the only...
  5. New/Reman 3.0

What oil would you guys recommend for breaking in a 3.0L? its for a '99 XLT FlexFuel.
  6. A/C Help

My '99 XLT 3.0 V6 blew a head gasket and now I'm replacing the engine. Upon disassembling just about everything to get it out, I had to evacuate my A/C system. Once I get the new engine and everything else put back, I need to recharge it. Now I went through the Automotive Air Conditioning 101...
  7. P0500 Check engine light with occasional ABS

could a failing abs module cause this? This truck only has 2 wheel ABS and tracing the wires led me to a connector that stays unplugged and capped at all times with the same corresponding colored wires to the differential mounted speed sensor. I changed the differential fluid not too long ago...
  8. High Idle

I replaced the fuel pump and housing assembly on my '99 FlexFuel and now it has a high idle. I bought the correct fuel pump assembly for the wheelbase and Flex Fuel option and now it gets stuck at a high idle whenever I accelerate. The bad thing is, if I DON'T touch the gas pedal, it idles so...
  9. P0500 Check engine light with occasional ABS

I traced the red/pink and black/green from the VSS all the way to the PCM and found no issues. I used a voltmeter to check for continuity throughout it all and there were no issues. I'm wondering if it is my PCM. I mean I'm hoping it's not. The only thing I did to it before even touching any of...
  10. P0500 Check engine light with occasional ABS

I have a '99 3.0V6 FlexFuel and my check engine light is on for a P0500 code. I have replaced the VSS on the differential but the code still remains. The truck has been sitting but there's no evidence of rodents or damage to the main harness. I am trying to trace the wiring to find the issue but...
  11. Speedometer needle malfunction

Don't recall seeing anything about doing that BEFORE taking the needle off but thanks.
  12. What LED instrument lights to buy?

I replaced mine a while back with these from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/YITAMOTOR-Bright-Instrument-Cluster-Dashboard/dp/B01JRXI9IU/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=dash+led&qid=1613612650&sr=8-5 The ones for the MIL (malfunction indicator lights: check engine, ABS, etc.) SHOULD be these style...
  13. Speedometer needle malfunction

So after seeing a how-to on removing the green film on the inside of the instrument cluster, I decided to do it and ended up getting all but the speedometer needle back to it's original position. The strange thing is also, now the needle "jumps" between speeds and sometimes gets stuck between...
  14. Cooling fan conversion HELP!!!!

After swapping from belt to electric cooling fan, the fan stays on even while the engine is off. I originally had the ignition wire from the kit spliced into the 50A ignition fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. Any suggestions on where to splice the wire on a "Hot in run only" location...
  15. Newer Engine swap?

my '99 XLT FlexFuel 3.0 has lost it's merit and I want to swap it out. Swapping for something bigger/different isn't viable at the moment but would swapping to a newer generation of 3.0 be a bad idea? I know all too well these engines have issue and this is the original engine with 235k miles...
  16. Pros/Cons of 3.0 Vulcan V6

I've had, at least with my '99 XLT 3.0V6, cooling issues that led to warped (AL) heads with rough idle and miss-fires. I was told by several other owners this is also a common problem with certain years of the 3.0V6 Vulcan.
  17. Cooling upgrades

Nothing and I mean NOTHING in the junk yards. I live out in Arizona and plan on getting my A/C working again, on top of that, I've had cooling issues with it before. I figured a 2 (or 3 row like I got from Amazon) AL radiator would benefit everything and save me some mileage. I did also change...
  18. Cooling upgrades

So I have to change my Radiator (it's leaking slightly where the plastic meets the metal) and rather than dealing with another plastic/metal radiator I upgraded to an all aluminum one. Trouble is, it's three rows deep and there's no way it will fit with the belt driven fan. I was wondering if...
  19. Gauge cluster conversion.

So my '99 XLT does not have a tachometer/RPM gauge, can I get a gauge cluster with it, from another ranger that actually has it, and just rig up a way to get it to work? Or will this just screw things up?
  20. Acclerator cable

so I've noticed some play in my accelerator cable and decreased throttle response. The cable has some play in it and I think the springs are worn out (I have no idea how old the cable is), and I just want to replace it. I have the 2WD 3.0 V6 FlexFuel XLT model and would like to just replace it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad