• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. LilBJessup

Bent or warped carrier? 8.8

I know I have been jabbering non stop about what I want to do, and dreams of big power, but that has been while I am at school. I am under a lot stress while attending nursing school. College is hard when you been out of the loop for awhile. Now that I have time to work on my project I have ran...
  2. LilBJessup

1995 2.3 in a 1989?

Does anyone know if a 95 2.3 would be a direct swap in the place of a 1989 2.3? I know the crank position sensor changed, but would it be plug and play?
  3. LilBJessup

Pushing a 2.3L to its limits

I am very curious. I have a 1989 ranger 2.3 4x4 and I have to get onto the interstate everyday. I wind my little 4 banger up and send it on the ramp, holding up traffic. It is a 4x4, 5 speed and I am not trying to race this thing, but I just want some umph. I have read that the stock heads are a...
  4. LilBJessup

Ford 2.3 exhaust manifold question

Does anyone know when ford used the header style manifold on the 2.3? Looking replace the whole system. I have read on the forum that a 97 had the header style. Just trying to get an idea before I head to the junk yard. Thanks!
  5. LilBJessup

Looking for wheeling group in Virginia

Anyone on here from Virginia? I am looking to get into a group of local rbvs, or actually any vehicle, for some off-road fun. It doesn't matter the terrain, mud, sand, snow, or rocks. All of it is fun.
  6. LilBJessup

2.3 catalytic converter issue

Ok so here is my problem. My catalytic converter is slowly falling apart. The heat shield is held on by hose clamps. It looks like it is not the original cat because there is a 2.0 to 2.5 inch adapter welded onto the pipe to fit the cat. Also it exits at 2.5. The pipe off of the manifold is a...
  7. LilBJessup

Budget bumpers?

Hear me out on this one, right now amazon is having a deal on the infamous pipe kinker style of benders. Ive always heard people complain about the HF kinker, saying it messed up their tubing, but what if you used PIPE instead of tubing. Yup steel piping, I know it exists because I used to work...
  8. LilBJessup

Help, blown speakers

My new to me 1989 ranger custom has had speakers for a total of 2 days. Each day a speaker dropped and hasn't come back on. I assume that they are the crappy original speakers. I was wondering if my truck has 2 in the dash? There are no speakers behind the bench seat. I've only found the 2 in...
  9. LilBJessup

Help posting pictures

Hi, I am new to posting, can someone please explain how I can upload images to start my build thread?
  10. LilBJessup

1989 2.3 4x4 build up!

Whats up TRS, this is my first post ever. Ive used this site for years, and I have learned alot. I think now it is time to share my experiences on this new truck. I have been searching for a little rare ranger. I wanted a 1st or second gen, had to have a 2.3L, manual 5 speed, shortbed, and a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad