• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rangerenthiusiast

1992 Ranger - Parking Brake Cable Grommet?

Hey, all. Coming down to the last of a long list of repairs to my 1992 Ranger Custom. The parking brake cable was shot when I got the truck. Ordered a new one from Dorman and have fed it through the firewall, seen here for reference...
  2. rangerenthiusiast

Can I Combine a Cork Gasket with RTV?

Hey, all. I’m thinking about putting a thin film of black RTV on both sides of the cork gasket going on the auto transmission pan of my 1992 Ranger with the A4LD. I’ve always used cork gaskets and never had one leak before, but I’d like to have a little bit of extra insurance on this one, in...
  3. rangerenthiusiast

’92 Ranger A4LD Trans Fluid Leak - At Shifting Armature Maybe?

Just wondering what folks here think. As the title says, I have a ’92 Ranger with and A4LD auto trans that leaks. When I bought it almost a year ago, I could see right away that it was dripping. I changed the fluid and filter and, to my surprise, the leak continued. I purposely bought a...
  4. rangerenthiusiast

Body Mount Torque & Tire Size (1992 Ranger)

Hey, guys. Bought the Prothane bushings for the body mounts on my ’92 Ranger Custom 4x4 (4.0, A4LD). Finally ready to tighten them down, but no torque settings came with them (the instructions said to consult my repair manual and Haynes has no info). Anyone know what the correct torque is...
  5. rangerenthiusiast

How to Determine Proper Cab Alignment?

Hey, folks. Me again. So I’ve been trying to replace the body mount bushings on the 1992 Ranger Supercab that I bought earlier this year. Unfortunately, the previous owner kept driving it despite the bushings being shot, so the old hardware destroyed the tops of the cab mounts themselves from...
  6. rangerenthiusiast

So Confused About What Size Air Compressor I Need

Hey, all. I won’t go into all the details, but my current project has been so disheartening. At the moment, I could really use some good advice on air compressors. I’ve been unable to buy a lot of the air tools that would have made life much easier (sheet metal cutters, wire wheels, etc) as...
  7. rangerenthiusiast

MIG Welding Regulator Advice?

Hey, folks. Trying to make my first foray into welding, since the Ranger I bought turned out to be a lemon (rotted out floorboards, damaged body mounts, etc). I bought Lincoln’s HandyMIG, hoping it would fit my needs (here’s a link with all the stats offered by the retail store I bought it...
  8. rangerenthiusiast

Good Brands of Seam Sealer?

Hey, guys & gals. Replacing the floor pans in my ’92 Ranger and want to get a good brand of seam sealer in tube form. Any that folks would recommend? I was going to buy Eastwood, but they want $15 for shipping on two tubes. I can’t find their products on sites that have free shipping...
  9. rangerenthiusiast

Things to Check for While My Catalytic Converter is Out?

Hey, all. Had to take the catalytic converter out of my 1992 Ranger Custom (4.0 liter) in order to get access to work on other things (don’t ask). :bawling: While the cat is out, is there anything I can visually check for or do in order to discern the relative “health” of the unit? I’ve...
  10. rangerenthiusiast

Need Help With Fabricating ’92 Ranger Body Mount Retainers (Sleeves) - BAD

Hey, everyone. Taking one last crack at making my own retainers (sleeves) for my body mount hardware before coughing up another $240.00 to LMC for them (I’ve already dumped well over a grand into tools over the last few weeks, trying to save this old lemon, which I only got to drive for a few...
  11. rangerenthiusiast

Name That Body Part

Hey, guys. Feel silly asking this. What’s the name of the item seen here, that’s rotted out on my ’92 Ranger? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yrl4Y44s6kmCNhCs37hpQw1vAUkPFRVo/view?usp=sharing It’s located at the bottom front of the passenger’s side door (opposite the cab corner), just below...
  12. rangerenthiusiast

How To Cut Holes in 1/8” Steel?

Hey, all. So the cab mount bushings on my ’92 Ranger went bad while the PO still had it. Because he never fixed them, the circular holes in the top of the mounts themselves became enlarged. The rest of the mounts are fine, but the sleeves on the new mounts would have all kinds of slop if I...
  13. rangerenthiusiast

Questions RE: POR-15

Hey, all. Got a ’92 Ranger with a solid frame, but lots of corrosion on the floor pans, underbody, etc. Going to have to cut and patch the floors where the rust has gone right through, then clean and treat the rest. Haven’t been able to find a sandblaster that will run off my crappy little...
  14. rangerenthiusiast

Is This a Transfer Case Vent Hose on a ’92 Ranger?

Thought I posted this yesterday, but can’t find the thread now. Apologies if it’s a duplicate. So as mentioned, I have a 1992 Ranger Custom 4x4 with the 4.0 and A4LD trans. While poking around under the truck, I found this rather silly looking rubber hose sticking off of the front of the...
  15. rangerenthiusiast

Drain Plug Location on the Transfer Case?

I have a ’92 Ranger Supercab 4x4, 4.0, A4LD. Can’t seem to find the drain plug on the transfer case. Found the fill plug on the back side of the case no problem and was shocked to find that it was actually full (the PO did NOT maintain this truck). Looking to drain it and put in new however...
  16. rangerenthiusiast

Are Those Stupid Jumper Seats Necessary for NYS Inspection?

This one’s specifically for folks in the Northeast, particularly New York State. I have a ’92 Ranger Supercab that I’m in the process of cutting the floor out of due to rot (that is, if I can ever find a replacement pan and not just front floor panels, which seems absolutely impossible)...
  17. rangerenthiusiast

Cant Embed Photos?

Anyone know why I can’t embed photos in my threads so that they show up without the reader having to click on a link to another site like my Google drive? I tried uploading pictures through my User CP here, but they fail every time. I used preview to shrink the file size well below the size...
  18. rangerenthiusiast

Will Chrome Rims Hold Up In the Salty Northeast?

Hey, guys. I have a 1992 Ranger Custom with 4WD, rolling on 235/75 R15s on stock steelies, with no lift. I have to buy new tires soon, because despite having tons and tons of tread left, they’ve dry rotted. :shok: I was hoping to find a good tire/rim combo on Craigslist, but haven’t had...
  19. rangerenthiusiast

Where Can I Pick Up a Full Floor Pan for a 1992 Ranger?

Hey, folks. Well, add a new disaster to the list for the ’92 Ranger Supercab that I picked up a few months ago. Finally got up the nerve to tear out the nasty rotten carpet today. I suspected that I’d have to patch a small hole or two, but no. Big holes right through in the front, as well as...
  20. rangerenthiusiast

Advice on a First Time Welder?

Hey, folks. I could really use some advice and hope I landed in the right forum. Having a lot of corrosion-related problems with the 1992 Ranger Supercab that I picked up a few months ago. The body mount bushings are all shot, so I ordered a new set of prothane ones. Unfortunately, the new...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad