• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1989 Ranger 2.9 to 4.0 My journey

I thought I'd post how my conversion went and it may help someone in the future. My vehicle is a 1989 Ranger 2.9, 4x4, Mitsubishi 5 speed with manual shift 4x4. Then engine ran fine but wanted more torque. I picked up a complete 1996 Ranger 4.0, 4x4, Mazda 5 speed. I pulled the complete...
  2. MAP sensor lesson

Just wanted to post this here so it might help someone in the future. I picked up an 89' 2.9 on CL a few weeks ago. Towed it home and tried to fire it up. It wouldn't start unless I pumped the throttle really fast and when I did that it'd barely chug a bit but never fire up really. It would...
  3. 89 2.9 FM146 to M5OD manual transfer case and 4.0 swap question

I'm putting this in the general forum since I have a few questions in multiple categories and figured it would be best to keep it all in one post. Forgive me if this is the wrong way to look at it. Hello all. I have been lurking here a while but haven't posted much because up until now I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad