• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. wheel area rattle vibration when braking to a stop plus turning at low speed

it's only when braking going slow and turning left, it's hard to make it happen I drove it in circles etc for like an hour and could only make it happen a few times, driving into the driveway to park made it happen easier than anything else is when he noticed it too.
  2. wheel area rattle vibration when braking to a stop plus turning at low speed

Some have suggested possibly it's missing the brake pad anti rattle clips, I took the wheel off the other day and noticed the outer one is there and there's no play in the pads or caliper when pried with a large flat screwdriver, I couldn't really see the inner pad but I replaced these and the...
  3. wheel area rattle vibration when braking to a stop plus turning at low speed

hopefully I can please post this camry question for my father since I'm already a member here. 2004 toyota camry ~110K miles. recent new tires, brake pads and rotors are in good shape. when turning sharp left at low speed plus hitting the brake (like when turning into the driveway to park)...
  4. Ranger new radiator trans fluid port blocked?!

so i went to autozone at like 3am and got the Duralast Radiator C2310 for $215 and installed it and it all went smoothly as it should. Luckily most of the stripping/cross threading happened to the female threads of the eBay radiator and not my transmission cooler lines because then I'd have to...
  5. Ranger new radiator trans fluid port blocked?!

someone suggested see if I can pout distilled water in them, and it does flow in, i installed it anyway because need truck to work. Some of the high end 3 layer all-aluminum ones on ebay (around $150, I got the $75 one but the $75 worked fine on my old 2000 ranger installed in about an hour no...
  6. Ranger new radiator trans fluid port blocked?!

OEM photos: (basically just the adapter nut with no obstructions:
  7. Ranger new radiator trans fluid port blocked?!

please reply soon because my truck is all taken apart and I'm not sure if I should install this new radiator or buy one from autozone. I bought this radiator off ebay for like $80, more than half the price of autozone, but where the trans fluid lines attach, the upper one has some sort of...
  8. AC Evaporator leaking from coolant flush?...

all good now, coolant flush complete after reinstalling thermostat. I did 5 flushes , 4 woulda been enough probably but 5th was really clear (not crystal clear but ok and wanted to make sure no more flush product left in the system) used about 18 gallons or something when it was all said and...
  9. AC Evaporator leaking from coolant flush?...

2008 Ranger, 2WD, 3.0 liter 6 cylinder. 90K miles. So, I followed coolant flush directions from chrisfix on youtube who is pretty good, he's got like 10 mil subs. I: 1) Drained the radiator and reservoir. 2) Filled radiator with just distilled and drove about 30 mins with heater on (heat...
  10. Exhaust gasket is good and just bolts rusted away?

done, but the other 3 nuts on the other side of the cat are probably going to rust away soon. Thanks to the genius head of design at multi trillion dollar company Honda (and others..) for choosing to save like 12 cents on production costs of a $38,000 SUV by using these grade bolts to rust...
  11. Exhaust gasket is good and just bolts rusted away?

thanks for reply. still confused. Can anyone link a diagram that actually shows what part #s belong where so I can confirm if a gasket or something rusted away? The 3 rusted bolts coming from the cat, I'm hoping to keep and not make a bigger project by grinding and drilling them out, torching...
  12. Exhaust gasket is good and just bolts rusted away?

Sorry to post about a 2015 Honda Pilot EX-L 6 cyl 3.5, sister's car, but some have helped me here with cars other than my Ranger. thanks. She brought it to me because it's loud from an exhaust leak. It seems only the bolts rusted away? Or is there a missing gasket/flange? When I enter this...
  13. Niece drove her first car with no oil ! = clanking...

I know this is mostly a Ranger-only forum but knowledgeable folks here might know. my niece just got her license and a 2007 nissan murano SUV w about 111K miles. She knows nothing about cars yet. It has a computer/screen that said to change the oil for some time and she didn't. The Low-Oil...
  14. Did someone throw away my Camber Bolt parts? Upper Control arm.

haven't gotten part yet but tomorrow probably. As for putting the weight back on the wheel before tightening the camber bolts, I'm going to measure the center of the wheel hub in relation to the fender wheel well area above it, then jack the wheel area up to where it should be (jack on a strong...
  15. Did someone throw away my Camber Bolt parts? Upper Control arm.

mechanic said 1 of 2 bushings for the upper control arm is so worn out that it could eventually cause wheel to buckle. Thanks for the replies, seems I should just reinstall the same square locking plates and then take it for an alignment. Also thanks for the good news that hopefully I can...
  16. Did someone throw away my Camber Bolt parts? Upper Control arm.

2008 Ranger, 2WD, 3.0 liter 6 cylinder. 90K miles. Maybe previous owner/mechanic discarded camber bolt parts? I brought it to a mechanic just for an oil change and replace 2 tires. I noticed a while ago whenever I drive over even just the 1.25" curb in front of my driveway apron that it...
  17. Misfire V6 3.0 Ranger Running bad rough after engine washed cleaned!

I read some hesitation about using WD-40 all over everything but also many quoting the same thing you did and telling good results. it's fixed running better than ever! I doubt it was from cleaning the mass air flow sensor but I did that too with MAF spray, and replaced all the plugs and...
  18. Misfire V6 3.0 Ranger Running bad rough after engine washed cleaned!

I was able to get Ford on the phone rather quickly, the guy could tell me the OEM part spark plug is a Motorcraft SP413. When I google that to try and find the preset gap is again two different things I find .050 and .054. Remember the ones in there were .057-.062 but could enlarge over time...
  19. Misfire V6 3.0 Ranger Running bad rough after engine washed cleaned!

2008 V6 3.0 Ford Ranger 2WD automatic. bought this truck about a year ago 70K miles. I wasn't really planning on washing the engine because I knew it could mess things up, but two days ago I washed the Winter road salt from underneath (my previous 2000 Ranger V6 4.0 had only 80K and ran great...
  20. what why cause dust cover shield rub rotor replace new install? grind squeal noise?

sorry for title, I wanted to put many key words to help anyone else trying to figure this out. I read many threads people had this happen but no real explanation as to why. Are new rotors sometimes thicker than OEM? I know break pads don't contact or wear down the outer rim of the rotors...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad