• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Jim_Philly

Wanted 2006-2011 Silver ("Steel/Ebony") Radio Bezel 2WD

Looking for the 2006-up bezel with the passenger side airbag indicator hole on the upper right, no 4WD switch, in silver (which was called "steel" by Ford). Exact part number 7L5Z-1004302-JA. I'm collecting parts for a manual transfer case swap on my 2007 and would like to "delete" the 4WD...
  2. Jim_Philly

What is this blank instrument panel connector?? 1998-2011

My clip-on cell phone holder broke the driver's side HVAC louver/vent on my 2007 Ranger and I was looking for replacements. While browsing, I noticed the yellow circled wiring harness placeholder on the back of the instrument cluster trim panels, it's on most Ranger/Explorer parts listings I've...
  3. Jim_Philly

What part # is the lower dash aux port / pocket bezel/trim?

I am looking for the lower center dash piece from a 2010-2011 Ranger (maybe as far back as 2008?) after they added traction control as pictured below. I want to re-purpose the traction control button for other purposes and my '07 only has the audio aux port. Older versions had the passenger...
  4. Jim_Philly

Found! 7-Wire (8-position) Round Connector BW1354 Electronic Transfer Case Motor

If someone has replaced their Borg-Warner electronic shift transfer case motor recently, please let me know if you still have the old one and could cut off the wiring pigtail and send to me at my shipping cost. Thanks!
  5. Jim_Philly

(Another) Manual Transfer Case Swap: 2003 FX4 L2 >> 2007 FX4 L2

Hi all -- there are a lot of threads here about swapping out an electric-shift BW1345 transfer case for the manual-shift version. I have an electrical/electronics-related question. I have a 2003 FX4 L2 donor truck complete with all of the required mechanical parts in excellent shape (body...
  6. Jim_Philly

Ford OEM (Powercode) Remote Start - Manual Trans Clutch Position Switch Workaround?

Hi All, I purchased a Powercode Gen-2 ("Ford Genuine" 7L5Z-19G364-AA) remote start with the correct wiring harness for my 2007 Ford Ranger (4.0L FX4) with 5-speed manual transmission. I've tracked down the installation manual and wiring diagram and I am mostly good to go. The OEM remote start...
  7. Jim_Philly

2003 Rear Window Seal Part #

Hey guys - trying to find a seal for my rear window (sliding window, supercab). Rockauto lists two parts (albeit both out of stock) -- VARIOUS MFR WBL1167 Weatherstrip, Does Not Accept Trim; For Rear Window Glass Exc. Sliding Window VARIOUS MFR WBL1163 Weatherstrip, Does Not Accept Trim; For...
  8. Jim_Philly

Floor Pan Surface Rust Repair Question

I believe I have the classic high-mount brake light leak on my '03 supercab. Got a new gasket, will be installing shortly. I pulled out the seats and carpet today to assess the damage and, fortunately, no holes in the floor pan. But I want to grind out the rust and prime/paint or maybe POR-15...
  9. Jim_Philly

M5OD-R1HD Overhaul Kit & Synchro Ring Set

I have an '03 with the "HD" version MDOD. RockAuto etc lists kits for the R1 but none specify R1HD. Where do I get a synchro ring kit for the HD? And are the bearings, seals, gaskets etc the same between the two?
  10. Jim_Philly

03 FX4 Level 2 - Manual T-Case Bushing?

I'm looking for the rubber Bushing in the manual transfer case linkage, circled in this photo (not my photo): Can anyone help me find a part #? T-Case exploded parts diagram does not include extension housing and shift linkage....
  11. Jim_Philly

2003 4.0 SOHC Swap - Auto Trans Donor Vehicle to my M/T Truck

I'd like to replace my 192k engine with timing chain rattle with one from a lower-mileage vehicle. I have the M5OD-R1HD manual transmission. If the engine comes from a donor vehicle with an automatic transmission, are there computer/wiring mods that will need to be done? Any other...
  12. Jim_Philly

Panel Boding Adhesive for Bed Crossmember / Sill Replacement?

Hey guys, I am preparing to remove the bed on my recently acquired '03 FX4 and replace 2 of the crossmembers/sills. The 2 rearmost ones are in good shape, and the front one near the cab is passable. The shorter, middle ones on either side of the wheel arches not so much. I managed to find an...
  13. Jim_Philly

Is this an EGR delete? 2003 FX4 L2

Just bought this truck. It looks like the previous owner did an EGR delete on the 4.0 SOHC engine. Can someone confirm? Need to figure out if this will cause a problem on PA Emissions when it's due in February. It currently has an emissions exempt sticker on it so the previous owner must've...
  14. Jim_Philly

FX4 Bed Rails / Bed Caps - What Years?

I currently have a 2002 FX4 automatic, and the pervious owner had a bedliner installed but also gave me the dark gray bed caps which he had removed. I swapped the liner for a rubber bed mat and reinstalled the caps. I found a 2003 FX4 Level II "twin stick" manual transmission / manual transfer...
  15. Jim_Philly

2004-2010 Floor Mats in 2002?

I have an '02 FX4 and I got it without floor mats. Wil 2004-2010 mats fit? Looking at OEM all-weather mats on eBay.
  16. Jim_Philly

Power lock, Dome Light & Remote/Fob Issues

I recently purchased a 2002 FX4 automatic. It has a few electrical problems that might be related: - Dome light will not turn on after vehicle sits for a while / overnight. After driving it for a while, the dome light works again. - Remotes lose their programming after a couple of days, and I...
  17. Jim_Philly

Remote MANUAL Mirrors?

Did the Ford Ranger ever come equipped with remote manual mirrors? In other words, the type of mirror with a mechanical "joystick" adjustment inside the door? I'd like to be able to adjust the mirrors without rolling the window down, but I don't necessarily need power mirrors. Here's a random...
  18. Jim_Philly

New Ranger Owner & Forum Member

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab 4x4 / 4.0L V6 and joined the forum to get info on my newly-acquired vehicle. Looking forward to being part of the community!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad