• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Texican65

Loss of RPM’s & rough idle, at start-up

Hi guys! My ‘89 Ranger 2.9L w/ 150,000 miles is doing something odd. I drove it around all morning, no problems, let it sit 3 hours, went to pick my kid up from school and…. When I cranked it up, the “check engine” light came on…which I have never seen in 15 years of owning the truck, and the...
  2. Texican65

Oops...now heaters not working!

Hi guys, My ‘89 Ranger had a small radiator fin leak...so I dumped in a bottle of “K-seal” coolant leak repair. Fixed the leak...but now my heater is putting out luke warm heat. What’s the most likely culprit to be clogged up...thermostat, heater core, mixing valve, control valve? Or could it...
  3. Texican65

'89 Ranger/Wont crank/electrical issue?

Hi guys, My '89 Ranger 5 speed 4x4 with 2.9, 220,000 or so miles....daily driver the last 10 years...minor issues and repairs, as well as regular maintenance. Well, its having an electrical issue now. About 2 weeks ago, I got in my truck after a shift at work, and started it up, went to...
  4. Texican65

Fuel system trouble '89

Hey guys. The last couple years or so, my '89 ranger has been doing something funny. It will do it off and on, maybe for a week and then quit it. Go 6 months and do it again for a few weeks and quit it...etc etc. after sitting for an 8 hour shift at work, or overnight, I get in and go to crank...
  5. Texican65

Mitsubishi FM 146 lubricant?

Hi guys! I've got the 5-speed mitsubishi in my '89, had some issues with it over the last 5 years. A few months after I bought the truck in 2011, i had to have the input bearing replaced, and a new 5th gear. I've always run conventional oil, 90w in all my manual trannys, so thats what I used in...
  6. Texican65

New member from Washington State! '89 Ranger

Hi there. My name is Dow. I've got an '89 Ranger 4x4 2.9L that I've owned the last 5 years, 2nd owner. Truck had 130,000 original miles on it, with 80,000 on a Ford warrantied/rebuilt engine. I just hit 212,000 last week and she's still a' goin'. She's got some blemishes, but I keep her clean...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad