• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. No Good Deed goes unpunished!

I've got a 2000 Ranger 4X4 3.0 5 speed flex fuel. Yesterday I changed the oil and noticed the battery terminals were corroded so I cleaned both, removing the negative terminal first then the positive, replacing in opposite order, ie, pos first, then negative. When done, I took a ride to a...
  2. Sticking automatic hubs???

I've got a 2000 3.0 Ranger, (187000 miles) with automatic hubs. I think the hubs are locked, but its in 2 wheel drive. It makes a loud humming noise as I drive down the road as if it was in four wheel drive, but I have the switch on 2WD. Is there some kind of vacuum solenoid or something else...
  3. Speedy Recovery from Routine maintenance needed

I've got a 2000 Ranger 3.0 Flex Fuel 5 speed. Yesterday I did the following: Replaced brake pads, rotors, and calipers up front Replaced both upstream oxygen sensors (Routinely done every 100,000 miles, the downstream one was replaced 2 weeks ago) Removed and cleaned throttle body, reinstalled...
  4. Premium??

I have a 2000 Ranger with a 3.0L Flex Fuel. I recently decided to try running premium fuel in it, and a few miles after filling up with premium for the first time, I get a CEL (P0420, Manifold catalyst efficiency low bank1). Coincidence, right? The next tankful is regular unleaded. A few...
  5. ABS Working???

I've got a 2000 Ranger 4X4 3.0L Flex Fuel. When I brake hard, it starts skidding, most often the front right wheel, like I don't even have ABS (but I do have 4 wheel ABS, at least I did before). No ABS light, no codes on Reader. Any ideas?
  6. Blower motor high only

I've got a 2000 Ranger 4X4 with the 3.0L Flex Fuel Engine. This afternoon, I went to turn on the A/C and the blower only works on the high setting. This same thing happened to a Windstar I had a few years back, and it turned out to be the resistor. On the Windstar, the resistor was under the...
  7. Initial startup hiccup

The past two mornings, my 2000 3.0 started up normally, then a few seconds into it, the rpm's drop and it dies. It starts up again normally and runs great after that. No cel, no codes. I have been leaving the a/c on when the engine was off (overnight) the past couple of days, so I thought I...
  8. Curiosity Question

Under Wide Open Throttle conditions, does the IAC solenoid fully open as well? I'm asking about a 2000 3.0. Just curious. Thanks
  9. Brakes: One Side Working, One Side Not?

I've got a 2000 Ranger 4X4 3.0L and I suspect that the passenger side front and rear brakes are working, while the drivers side front and rear don't. The truck pulls to the right when braking, and once when I was pulling out of my garage with snow on the ground, I applied the brakes pretty...
  10. Idle woes

I've got a 2000 Ranger with a 3.0 and a manual transmission. Recently, when I put in the clutch to coast to a stop sign, especially when fully warmed up, the idle would start out at about 900, normal, but then sometimes it would drop to about 400, go back to 900, back to 400 and so on, cycling...
  11. E85 vs gas

I've got a 2000 ranger with a 3.0 Flex Fuel. In the cold months if I run E-85, upon cold start up, the engine stumbles when I push on the gas, but if I run gas, this does not happen. Also, anytime during the year, running gas, after fully warmed up, driving down the highway, when I punch it, I...
  12. Shifter woes

I've got a 2000 Ranger 3.0 with a five speed, and now that its getting warmer out, when shifting, sometimes the the shifter knob comes off in my hand, very annoying! Anyway, does the whole stick need to be replaced, or is there a way to just replace the knob with one that'll stay on in warm...
  13. Stalling on the way home from work!

I have a 2000 Ranger 4X4, 5 speed with a 3.0 flex fuel with about 140K miles. I'm having a little problem only when it is cold. It sometimes just dies after an acceleration and during coasting to the stoplight before it is fully warmed up (it always happens in the same place???). Sometimes it...
  14. E85 vs E10

I have a 2000 3.0 Flex fuel. When I run regular gas (Shell Mid Grade E-10) and punch it a little, I get pinging. But, when I run E85 and punch it, it goes great without any pinging. Why is the higher octane preventing the pinging? Aren't these Flex Fuel engines supposed to run well on...
  15. Performance Throttle Body

I'm thinking of upgrading to a performance throttle body for my (2000) 3.0. I already have a Volant cool air intake, JBA Headers and JBA cat back exhaust, but am having trouble finding the performance throttle body. I contacted BBK, and they said they were working on one for the 3.0, but that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad