• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. AC clutch stays engaged

I have a 96 ranger 4cyl manual. my ac clutch stays engaged only when in max ac or just ac. recently changed the ac compressor with clutch, dryer, orfice tube, and clutch cycle switch( attached to the dryer). if i keep it running you can start to smell a burning rubber smell but the belt...
  2. A/C not working

I have a 96 ranger 2.3l xlt. Air blows out fine in AC or max AC, just not cold air at all. Thinking that the system just needed to be recharged, when I started to recharge it my rpms started to fluctuate to about 1400 then drop down to 900. it only did this when the ac clutch engaged and...
  3. Slave cylinder won't bleed

I have a 96 ranger 2.3l 2wd. I swapped out the flywheel, clutch, read main seal, master and slave cylinder. When I started the truck at first it wouldn't go into gear and the clutch was really soft so I bled it out a decent amount. Now the clutch is soft about half way and then stiff as it...
  4. Gauge Cluster

I have a 96 ranger 2.3l 5 speed. While I was trying to swap out the worm gear for the odometer the little black piece that holds the speedometer needle broke. My gauge cluster does NOT have a tachometer on it. Is there a way to get a gauge cluster from a 3.0 or 4.0 with the tachometer and...
  5. ABS light

I have a 96 Ranger 2.3l currently having a problem with my brakes. The "ABS" light stays on and the brakes are real touchy. I can only apply real slow pressure otherwise they lock up and squeal the tires. Seeing if anyone can point me in the right direction on where to start.
  6. Odometer problem

I have a 96 Ranger 2.3l and having a problem with my odometer. When I initially start the car and drive the odometer ticks as it should. But after anywhere from, from what I seen, 1.5-22 miles the odometer stops ticking. But if I park it and let it sit for a little around a hour or so and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad