• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. steveoelo

1990 Ranger Dash Wiring

Okay perfect, only reason I'm asking is because I'm in the middle of an ALH TDI into my 1990 and I'm trying to make it as close to factory (or at least what I think it should've been). For the oil pressure, does it go directly from the sensor on the side of the engine to the gauge or to the ECM...
  2. steveoelo

1990 Ranger Dash Wiring

Does anyone know/have a pin out for a 1990 ranger? Need to know the input wire colour for the tach as well as the input for the temp, oil pressure and volt gauge. Looking at the wiring diagrams/posts here was kinda helpful but everyone seems a little unclear on the exact wires. Also, is the tach...
  3. steveoelo

Pilot bearing mishap

So read through the tech article and discovered that the pilot bearing location on a 2.9 is in the flywheel. If someone were to have put this in the block, would that cause a grinding noise? Only makes noise in certain gears at certain speeds
  4. steveoelo

4.0 starter in 2.9?

Sorry if this isn't in the right section but will a 4.0 starter bolt directly up to a 2.9? Has the stock flywheel/clutch but my starter is going and thought I would upgrade. Thanks
  5. steveoelo

Drive shaft length

Curious if an aluminum drive shaft out of a 2006 2wd extended cab with an auto will fit in a 1990 2wd extended cab with a Mazda trans?
  6. steveoelo

Injector Test

Ah yes the good old 2.9... the "ticking" time bomb. Well, in order to do a leak down test should I be pinching off the pressure line before the FPR and the return or just the return? I did a pressure check before and I was losing pressure so I replaced the FPR but she still has a hard start...
  7. steveoelo

Hard start

I'm at a loss... Replaced fuel pump, filter, pressure regulator, distributor with about 60000miles (good tfi), plugs and wires. Truck takes forever to start when it sits for a bit after driving it. Did a pressure test and when running it was between 30-35psi. After sitting about an hour it...
  8. steveoelo

M50D Weird Noise

Recently swapped my noisy fm132 with a m50d that the guy was unsure of the condition. Opened it up and everything inside looked brand new. Installing it, when putting the fluid in, I noticed metal shavings on the magnetic drain plug. Took it around the block and noticed that 3rd, 4th and 5th...
  9. steveoelo

tailhousing swap

Is it possible to swap a tailhousing from a 91 3.0 to a 99 4.0 5 speed? Both are m50d 2wd but I need the cable hook-up from the 3.0. Is it a direct swap?
  10. steveoelo

90 belt reminder

When I turn the key to on or start, shouldn't the truck ding implying to fasten your seat belt? The truck dings if the keys are in the ignition and the doors open or if the doors open and the lights are on. How does it work? There's a 2 pin plug that goes to the driver seat buckle. Is there a...
  11. steveoelo

Bell housing pattern

I recently picked up a m50d transmission from a salvage yard which I believed came from a 2.9. The truck I pulled it from however was very modified and it was hard to tell what it was. Is there any way to look at the bellhousing and know if it's a 2.9 transmission or a 3.0? I've heard the 3.0...
  12. steveoelo

Seat Belt Plug?

Whats the plug for under the drivers seat? Is there suppose to be 12v going to it or what? Is it a seat belt reminder because the light on the dash comes on the goes off almost immediately? Its a 90 extended cab
  13. steveoelo

Chime Module

From the factory, did all older trucks ding when the doors was open, lights left on and seat belt reminder? Curious why only my door chime works in my 90. I know some trucks had buzzers but did only XLT trim trucks remind you of your lights and seat belt? If they all dinged/buzzed, how would I...
  14. steveoelo

Seat Belt reminder

Was wondering how to enable the ding before you start the truck? My door dinger works and the seat belt light comes on but I want it to ding. 1990 5 speed
  15. steveoelo

2.9 ticking

I know this question has been asked multiple times but how do I tell the difference between fuel injector tick and valve tick? My 2.9 sometimes ticks pretty loud when it's cold but quiets down in about 10 seconds. It sounds like it ticks all the time but its not a loud tick when warm. Suggestions?
  16. steveoelo

The right transmission

I know everything will bolt up but is there a difference between a 4.0 5 speed and a 2.9 5 speed? I'm looking at putting a 2wd Mazda 5 speed out of a 2.9 behind my 4.0 but I'm afraid the it will destroy itself. Only reason I say that is because I know the auto trans is stronger in a 4.0
  17. steveoelo

Door Chime

Was wondering why some trucks ding when you have the key on the run position when you're about to startt and some don't? Is it just a relay or is it a completely different dinger under the dash? When I have the drivers door open it dings but not when I turn the key to run. 1990 ford ranger 5 speed
  18. steveoelo

Air conditioning install

Was wondering if I could install a/c off a 4.0 and put it into a 2.9? I know they are similar engines but the 2.9 has v belts so I'm thinking they're not compatible. Both are complete trucks but the compressor looks like it mounts differently. Suggestions?
  19. steveoelo

How to install cruise control

Was wondering how to install the cruise control unit from one truck into another? Both are 1990 but one is a manual and one is an automatic. What components do I need to switch the non cruise control to cruise control?
  20. steveoelo

Cruise control

Will a cruise control unit from an automatic truck work on a manual transmission truck? Both are 1990

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad