• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Flat Toy

A4AD Shifts When It Wants

86 BII, 2.9 with A4LD. For 3-4 years it has not moved from a standstill when in O/D . Once it is moving it is fine till you stop and it has to be put into drive again to get it moving. Not a big problem since it very seldom goes on the highway and I just leave it in drive. Then the one ton went...
  2. Flat Toy

Red Neck Engineering

The washer went out, clothes need washing. Have another washer that leaks. Problem solved.
  3. Flat Toy

Cold

While 28 is not cold weather for most parts of the country, here in Dallas it is a cold day. Add rain and and ice and it is quite the mess. Since school was cancelled there was no need for me to drive the bus or the wife and kids to teach so we stayed home. I went out a little while ago to...
  4. Flat Toy

E150 Verses Kia

Coming home from the store, Got to an intersection that had a right turn only lane. We were going to cross the intersection and a lady in a brand new Kia (still had paper plate from dealer) passes us on the right in the right turn only lane and when she ran out of room tried to pull over into...
  5. Flat Toy

A4LD Fluid Level

Have the A4LD auto in the 86 BII. All was fine till the the heads cracked on the 2.9 a little over a year ago. Replaced the the 2.9 with another last March and since then it drops out of overdrive when the fluid gets down to a certain level. Problem is that level is the full mark on the...
  6. Flat Toy

I Bought A Gate Today

Well, it is being used as a gate right now. I bought this for my daughter for her first car. It has a few rough spots but it should be good with a little work. XLT, 4 cyl, 5 speed. $350
  7. Flat Toy

What Do You Drive At Work?

I know most of us drive our trucks to work but what do those who drive for a living drive once they are at work? Here is what I drive
  8. Flat Toy

Redneck Wedding

Just got home from a wedding. No suits and ties. Overalls and blue jeans. Cowboy boots and hats, Race cars and race horses. No church, just folding chairs under a big tree and lots of good food. Had both kinds of music, country and western. Other then when my brother married a Polish girl the...
  9. Flat Toy

Got Ham??

Driving the E 150 Van down a 4 lane highway, in the left center lane, going about 70 MPH. Comming up to a semi doing about 65 MPH in the right center lane. I was about 50 feet behind him when what looked like a canned ham flew out from under the semi and right for the van. At that speed I...
  10. Flat Toy

Grand Kids Struck Today

Raised my four kids and went through the mess and trash in the car. All has been well for a while now but today I picked the Grand Kids up at school. Got about half way home and hear "I don't feel good, BARF, SPLAT" So at 6:30 PM in the dark, temp about 40 degrees, I am out shampooing the inside...
  11. Flat Toy

Chinese Auto Maker Copys F 150

Chinese Auto Maker Copies F 150 http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/31/chinese-carmaker-blatantly-copies-ford-f-150/
  12. Flat Toy

Wifes Aunt Lost Her House

Got a call from the in-laws. The house that my Mother in law was raised in from birth and her sister still lived in burned to the ground. http://www.ketknbc.com/news/structure-fire-in-earles-chapel-near-highway-79
  13. Flat Toy

Can't shift A4LD into park, reverse and neutral.

86 BII. A4LD Wife came home. Said it started with it would not go into park. Drove home and now it will not go into neutral, reverse or park. Has been working fine up till this. Since it was past 10;00 PM all I have done is checked the shifter for binding and climbed under it and tried to move...
  14. Flat Toy

Brought The Probe Home

Been fooling with the 89 Probe over at the shop for some months now. It is always hard to work on anything when you have to travel to work on it. So we brought it home today. Can you guess who is going to get this to drive: And of course after many months of starting on its own the day we need...
  15. Flat Toy

Long Term Projects.

In 2005 I took the shower out of the bathroom off the master bedroom. About 45 min. ago I finished putting in the new shower. Was wondering who else had a home improvement project that has taken longer then planed to finish.
  16. Flat Toy

Strange Problem

Did some searching, I I didn't miss it if it has been discussed. I have a 98 XLT, 2.5, 5 speed. Last night it had 3/4 tank of gas. This morning the daughter went to work in it and the gauge was below E. She drove to work with it trying to die with foot off the throttle and while trying to turn...
  17. Flat Toy

Dallas Cowboys Special Edition

While I have not seen this truck in the link http://www.totaldallascowboys.net/ http://totaldallascowboys.net/truck.html I have seen two diffrent ones over the years driving around Dallas/Fort Worth. The last one was being used to haul scrap iron around. The first was in mint condition. Of...
  18. Flat Toy

I Get To Say I Told You So Today

32 years ago today most of my wifes family said our marrage would not last after we said I Do. This is the day each year I get to walk up and say "I TOLD YOU SO". Life is good.
  19. Flat Toy

Any Options?

After 15 years or so of Dial Up internet we have decided to get some sort of high speed internet. Bought new computers and a laptop and have been watching ads for diffrent high speed internet companys. Find some that look promising and call to order and they won't give internet without it being...
  20. Flat Toy

Found My First Ranger Yesterday

Went to the wrecking yard yesterday and was kind of sad to find the first Ranger I bought. I don't get attached to cars/trucks that much but this truck took everything I threw at it and kept right on going. It was never a great looking truck but it was sad to see the shape it is in now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad