• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3 to 2.5 swap

I have a 1997 2.3. I can only find a few articles here about it. I seen use the whole intake system including injectors, exhaust, pcm, and motor mounts from the 2.3 and it's that easy. Is this true? The posts I have found the original poster has not been on the site in years. Thanks!
  2. Breather

Hey Guys. I was wondering If I can route the head breather and pcv to a catch can with a breather and drain? I hate how nasty the intake, IAC, and throttle body gets. Thanks for the input! Also I know I need to plug the breather holes in the intake from them if I would do it.
  3. pcm

Hello. I have a 1997 with a 2.3 manual trans. 2wd. If I have access to a pcm from a buddy's truck with the same f77f 12a650 lc part number, can I use it without having to get it reprogramed to my truck? Will it just have the wrong vin married to it but work fine? Thanks!
  4. Cmp

Hello. I have a 1997 xlt with a 2.3. Just wondering about the cmp. Does it do anything after the engine is running? Thanks!
  5. Cmp

Hello. I have a 1997 2.3 xlt. Does the CMP do anything after start up? Thanks!
  6. 10'' drum to 9'' swap??

Hello. I am getting an 8.8 with 10'' drums. I have a 7.5 with 9'' drums currently. All the brake stuff including parking brake cables were just replaced in the 9'' set up. My question is does anyone know for certain if I can swap it (including the backing plates) directly over to the 8.8? Thanks!!
  7. One piece driveshaft

I have a 97 2wd extended cab 2.3 with a 5 speed manual tranny. I hate the split driveshaft set up. I have found a few people updating to the one piece. Do you really have to bend and cut things to make it work. I understand removing the center bearing mount but I do not want to remove the cross...
  8. Vibrations

Hi. I have 2 questions here. (1) I replaced my center bearing with an anchor brand bearing. I made sure to align the shafts to their original spots. I checked and regreased u- joints. Now it vibrates. I put 2 washers on each side of the center bearing thinking that maybe the aftermarket bearing...
  9. Mazda Axles work?

Hi. I found a 2005 Mazda B4000 rear end. and its a locker. I am told it's an 8.8 and its a locker. Is it the same as a ranger? Are the axle codes the same? Thanks!
  10. 8.8

Hi, Looking at updating from a 7.5 to a 8.8 limited slip on a 1997. I plan on a ranger axle not explorer. My question is what is different with the newer axles (say a 2002)? I look at car-part.com and it will combined 94-97 and 98-02. Is it the abs connector? Will it bolt up and will the cables...
  11. 8.8 rear end differance

Hi, Looking at updating from a 7.5 to a 8.8 limited slip on a 1997. I plan on a ranger axle not explorer. My question is what is different with the newer axles (say a 2002)? I look at car-part.com and it will combined 94-97 and 98-02. Is it the abs connector? Will it bolt up and will the cables...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad