• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Total wiring job needed

Hey all, I have a 1992 Ranger XLT with a 3.0 that needs a complete wiring job. Anybody know how many wiring harnesses there are? I am still learning about vehicles in general. Not too knowledgeable about electrical systems
  2. Help! Stalling out

I just moved back to PA a few weeks ago and, being winter and all, my truck has been stalling out. The colder it is outside, the worse it is. I have fixed an exhaust leak at the passenger side exhaust manifold, replaced the sparkplugs, and replaced filters... what should I look at? What else...
  3. I beam kit

Does anyone know of any I beam lift kits that include the beams? I thought I had heard of a Skyjacker kit, but I'm not sure. If you know of any kits, tell me a bit about them and post a link.
  4. Independent Rear

Hey everyone, I am looking to learn how to do an independent rear on a Ranger. Only catch is it can't be links. Don't even bring it up. So with that in mind, how would you guys build an independent rear without links? And...go.
  5. How much drop will I get?

Hey all, I was thinking about doing some stuff to my Ranger. I would like to both flip the rear axle and flip the leaf spring shackles. Now I am new to a lot of this, so treat me like a dumbo that you have to spell everything out for. I know flipping the rear axle will lower it, but by...
  6. Which one?

Okay everyone... coil springs vs torsion bars... Go!
  7. Transverse Leaf?

I have been contemplating a transverse leaf rear end on my Ranger and was wondering what thoughts or advice you guys had. How should I go about it? What should I do or not do? Any considerations? Would I be able to do this with the Ford 8.8 independent rear axle from an explorer? Should I go...
  8. What year?

Hey yall, I have been making plans to eventually just get another Ranger. Something a little newer. But I need a bit of input. I don't want one as old as the one I have now ('92) but I don't want it so new it's going to cost a fortune. And when it comes to the old I-beams in the front as opposed...
  9. What Coilovers?

I have a 92 Ranger XLT, 2wd supercab that I would like to do a 2" drop on. I know I want to flip the shackles in the rear, but I want to do coilovers in the front instead of lowering springs. Anybody have experience with that? What brand did you use? Is there a specific coilover you would suggest?
  10. Road Legal?

I am pretty new to all this. I have been looking into modifications for my truck as of late. I have been tossing up the idea of either a 4 link rear end or a custom fabricated cantilever rear end. What I want to know is what you guys would suggest between the two (the ups and downs of either...
  11. What engine?

I am a young fella with little automotive experience, and was wondering if I could get some help from you guys. I have a 92 Ranger XLT Supercab with the stock 3.0L V6 in it. I would like to eventually swap out the motor for a somewhat newer one. I don't want huge or extra powerful. A little more...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad