• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1998 ranger 2.5L automatic gear select cable

My buddy is a broke student from California in Ohio. His gear select cable is busted at the plastic tube underneath. It doesn't always go in gear and on the most recent occasion I had to get under the truck to get it into gear manually moving the selector on the trans. I figured i'd check to...
  2. Corrado G60

Been a while since I've been in TRS but I am working on a VW Corrado G60 and am in the process of doing a MegaSquirt MSnS-e upgrade to it. I thought it might be helpful to others that might want to do a MS kit to follow along as I do mine (or not follow along if it goes bad). Basically, I...
  3. Fair Price?? FX4 Level II

gimmie the skinny fellas, good buy or bad buy 2003 Ranger FX4 Level II power windows, power doors, mach stereo, automatic, tow package, bull bar, flawless interior and exterior. $10,990 Salesman claims 25 mpg on the hwy but I know that is absolutely false I expect about a 15/19 split...
  4. 2001 3 Liter Common Issues

Anyone know common issues for this engine model year/type. I owned a 4 cylinder up until November but now I got my eye on a 2001 3Liter Manual 2WD Edge with only 63K on it. The price is just right as I just sold my POS Saab. Thanks in advance
  5. SAAB/GM Marriage from...

Seriously, it never ends with this damn car. Trying to sell it and today the kid was trying out the windows and the friggin window regulator snapped on the driver side front. I just replaced the passenger side front in march. Should I assume that I will be replacing the rear ones next month...
  6. Escape 4 cylinder

Okay, so maybe a few of you have noticed that I am looking to buy something FORD that could be my new hobby. I have my eye on something to make unique... I have found a couple of manual trans 4 cylinder Ford Escapes (2.0L). Wondering if anyone knows if that engine or engine parts and computer...
  7. 2.3L Turbo Diesel

I am sure this has been answered before but I can't find it.... Does that 2.3 turbo diesel share parts with any other small diesel made in that era? Thanks for the info, I am very much intrigued by the diesel ranger. Selling my swedish car to get another ranger, worst decision I made was...
  8. Looking at 02 Edge 4x4

Looking at an 02 Edge 4x4 standard cab 3.0L automatic. Need some advice on what to look for/inspect for on these trucks. I was a 4 cylinder owner and came to know those inside and out but 4x4, automatic, and 3.0 are new territory, so I need some experienced 'look at this first' things. Oh and...
  9. Rough Idle Step by Step

This is sort of a diagnostic step by step for rough idle on the 4 bangers (from personal experience with the 2.5L from 2000 2WD)... I've read nearly every thread dealing with rough idle after I felt defeated that I couldn't smooth the idle out on my truck on my own and from a discussion on...
  10. Craptastic stall at highway speed

I the bumpy lumpy rough idle and my truck will stall when I am cruising on the highway. I can shove my foot on the gas all the way when I catch the rpms dropping to zero and this still doesn't recover my truck. I had the engine scanned recently and it took me to a bank one problem of 4 things...
  11. Hello from OHIO

Hi, I am Jim and I am from Ohio. I attend The Ohio State University where I am soon to graduate with a B.S. in Welding Engineering. I joined this community as I have a high mileage ranger that does the job for a college student to do point a-b trips and can haul all my junk from place to place...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad