• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Electric vacuum pump

Happy Holiday greetings to all. To start, I'm not having any problems. Just upgrading several different items and anticipating swapping to a turbo charged engine. My question is about electric vacuum pumps. All the pumps I'm finding are booster pumps, but what I want is a stand alone vacuum...
  2. Which wire is right wire?

Dropped by a local Ford house yesterday to get an electrical schematic of the A/C system. Although I did get one, it is just an overview schematic showing what devices are connected to what. My go-to person for these schematics told me that is the best he could do because Ford has removed the...
  3. A/C running wild

Hope someone here can point me in the right direction. My problem is with a 2002 Edge. When I turn on anything in the heater control panel, my A/C wants to run. In other words, if I turn on the heater or defroster, the A/C compressor is cycling on and off also. Any tips as to what to look for...
  4. Add circuit to Power Distribution Box

Want to add a circuit to the Power Distribution Box (or if you prefer Battery Junction Box) for an electric cooling fan. Have been told that the PDB comes apart (upper part lifting off), however, I don't see anywhere my PDB comes apart. My truck is a 2002 2wd Edge with 3.0/5 spd. Any...
  5. Fuel filter relief

Ever had trouble changing a 3-port fuel filter on the later Rangers? Believe I'm referring to 2000 thru 2012. Perhaps uttered a few nasty words because there wasn't enough room to use your fuel line unlock tool. Maybe end up struggling with a hacksaw blade as I have, then cuss even more trying...
  6. No gauges

Have an electrical problem and without a Ford Service Manual, I'm stuck. The truck is a 2002 Edge 3.0/5 spd. 2WD. Problem is my instrument cluster is dead. No gauges, tach, speedo, odometer and/or warning lights. The turn signal indicators work as does the anti-theft light that blinks. Other...
  7. Coil spring vs torsion bar

Wanting to buy another Ranger. In my search I've found a lot of Edge models with torsion bar suspension. Never been too keen on torsion bars, although I know how they work. What I don't know is how the ride and handling compare. Would like your opinion?
  8. VIN 8th digit question

Looking to purchase another Ranger. Today a seller of a 1995 extended cab wasn't sure which engine he had. Asked him to check the 8th digit and call me back. He says both the door jam sticker and the insurance card show an A in the 8th position. Has anyone ever run into this?
  9. Speedometer recalibration

Have changed axle ratio and tire size on one of my three 2002 Rangers. Intend to do the same on the other 2 as well. Would like to recalibrate the speedometer, but don't want to buy something that will only recalibrate the speedometer. Will probably have to spend more, although something that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad