• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. New computer needed. Which ones are compatible?

Just a quick follow up. I bought the computer from the junkyard that I described up top. Plugged it in, through some fuel in and started up quick and runs fairly well (Sat for a few years and runs as well as I remember it). When I got it, I compared it to my old computer and noticed the pins...
  2. New computer needed. Which ones are compatible?

Ok. Just to put it all together, as long as one comes out of a truck with a 2.9 and manual trans, and the 3 digit code that Petroleum brought up matches, it should run correctly (If it did before). Since I'm new with messing with any electronics in a vehicle, would it be worth the risk of using...
  3. New computer needed. Which ones are compatible?

Needing to get a new ecu for my 86 4X4 extra cab with a 5 speed and 2.9. Looking online at a local junkyard (luckily they post the man. numbers from their units on the website) and they aren't necessarily matching. For instance mine is: E6TF-12A650-M2C The junkyards is: E6TF-12A650-C2D Its...
  4. 1986 Ranger fuel problem?

The other day i went out to start my truck and noticed that the fuel pumps came on and stayed on rather than shutting off after a few seconds. It turned over but would not fire. After a few times of turning the key on and off while my dad was out there with me trying to diagnose the problem, it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad